• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Looks like Syracuse Men's BB has a Jerry Sandusky

Deacon511

Reaction score
Looks like assistant coach Bernie Fines likes little boys. Breaking on ESPN

Yea saw that too. And ESPN sat on it since 2003 apparently? Very odd.

Smh, well if you're gonna do it I guess terminally ill patients are the best way to go. No fallout in the future.

Just discouraging though all the way around.

Davis said he reported the abuse to Syracuse police in 2003, but that a detective told him that the statute of limitations had run out. Davis said the detective told him that if he knew of boys being molested by Fine at the time, that Syracuse police would investigate those allegations. Davis said he told the detective that he thought other boys were being molested but that he had only direct knowledge of Fine molesting him.

At the time, the Syracuse police chief was Dennis Duval, a former Syracuse basketball player for Boeheim. Duval, who retired in 2004, could not be reached for comment. He played at Syracuse from 1971 to 1974, and started with the Syracuse Police Department in 1978.

Outside the Lines investigated Davis's story in 2003 but decided not to run the story because there were no other victims who would talk, and no independent evidence to corroborate the boy's story. In recent days, a second man contacted Outside the Lines with information alleging that Fine had also molested him. That man said he was inspired to finally talk after seeing news coverage of the Sandusky case.
http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/7248184/syracuse-police-investigating-bernie-fine-molesting-boy-1980s

He mentioned Boeheim saw him on the guy's bed and never said anything?
Seems like he might have asked, "Hey Bernie, what's up with the ball boy in your room, on your bed?"
Then again, he claims that while it started when he was entering 7th grade it continued into his twenties so maybe he was much older by then and Boeheim figured whatever Bernie does in private is Bernie's business.

Can you "molest" a 27 year old? Once the molestee becomes an adult, isn't it just called rape?

The network didn't do anything b/c it didn't measure up to ESPN's reporting standards? That's laughable. ESPN has no standards.

So ESPN knew about a crime and didn't report it to authorities...Who should go to jail in this case?

So ESPN knew about a crime and didn't report it to authorities...Who should go to jail in this case?

Yeah seriously, Penn State fired everyone who knew anything about anything about the case, ESPN better step up to the plate and get rid of peeps here.

The network didn't do anything b/c it didn't measure up to ESPN's reporting standards? That's laughable. ESPN has no standards.

Yeah seriously, Penn State fired everyone who knew anything about anything about the case, ESPN better step up to the plate and get rid of peeps here.

The boy had already gone to the police. Why would ESPN be responsible for anything?

I think it had already been reported to the police. You might be able to argue they should have done a story about it. But I don't know, I think they need more than just one person's allegation to run with something as damaging as this.
Davis said he reported the abuse to Syracuse police in 2003, but that a detective told him that the statute of limitations had run out. Davis said the detective told him that if he knew of boys being molested by Fine at the time, that Syracuse police would investigate those allegations. Davis said he told the detective that he thought other boys were being molested but that he had only direct knowledge of Fine molesting him.

At the time, the Syracuse police chief was Dennis Duval, a former Syracuse basketball player for Boeheim. Duval, who retired in 2004, could not be reached for comment. He played at Syracuse from 1971 to 1974, and started with the Syracuse Police Department in 1978.

McQueary went to the cops (or says he did) so why is JoePa responsible for anything?

Are you sure about that? In the NY Times article it stated he told the police years later- and only because they contacted him. They suspected he knew something. And Joe Pa is responsible because he did the bare minimum that was expected of him and then washed his hands of the situation and couldn't be bothered- as Sandusky was still bringing boys around the program and taking them to bowl games.

Are you sure about that? In the NY Times article it stated he told the police years later- and only because they contacted him. They suspected he knew something. And Joe Pa is responsible because he did the bare minimum that was expected of him and then washed his hands of the situation and couldn't be bothered- as Sandusky was still bringing boys around the program and taking them to bowl games.

He said he told them in 2002 after an incident he witnessed...I thought? May be wrong, I haven't read anything about the incident because it's sickening and I'm not interested at all

Back