• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Question for Deacs who remember watching Mackovic's teams

BobStackFan4Life

Reaction score
This is probably not thread worthy but I don't have the best memory and am trying to remember the thing we used to do before kickoffs where the players would slap their helmets. Can someone remind me exactly what we did? Was it something Mackovic did with all the teams he coached? I just remember that as a little kid I thought it was pretty cool. Also, didn't they give out something called "Horrible Hankies" at one game (a rip off the Steelers "terrible towels" I presume?) during the Tangerine Bowl season?

i remember listening to that game on the radio.

Brutal!
On October 31, 1981, an unsuspecting Wake Forest football team took the field against the eventual National Champion Clemson Tigers. What followed that day was a massacre......Clemson would score 82 points, with the Demon Deacon eventually helping the Tiger mascot do pushups. Highlighted here are all of the Tigers' scoring plays.

This is probably not thread worthy but I don't have the best memory and am trying to remember the thing we used to do before kickoffs where the players would slap their helmets. Can someone remind me exactly what we did? Was it something Mackovic did with all the teams he coached? I just remember that as a little kid I thought it was pretty cool. Also, didn't they give out something called "Horrible Hankies" at one game (a rip off the Steelers "terrible towels" I presume?) during the Tangerine Bowl season?

Yes we had Horrible Hankies at the T Bowl. Was nice with the swaying of the stands! The kickoff routine reminded me of the All Black rugby team. Marched out in formation and slapped helmets then spread out for the kick off. It was neat

Yes we had Horrible Hankies at the T Bowl. Was nice with the swaying of the stands! The kickoff routine reminded me of the All Black rugby team. Marched out in formation and slapped helmets then spread out for the kick off. It was neat

Yes, I remember this too; although in the Tangerine Bowl LSU whacked us...

Back