• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Lobo is a poor OC

BudatWake

Steve Lepore
Reaction score
Only reason I can see is he doesn't want us to beat the spread. We should be up 14. If he runs that stupid draw again I may lose a TV set. Not much of an OL coach either

Last edited:
Who is this Lobo of whom you speak? I don't think he has come up in conversation around here before.

Another brilliant 3rd and 1 call. BP stopped short after getting the ball 6 yds behind the line. Gets old. Oh wait a minute, we go for it and the OL folds and Tanner is hit! Brilliant Lobo

Why air it out on fourth and short? Silly call

Lobo thinks by doing the unobvious (aka: the wrong thing) we will catch them off guard. Of course he does it so often that it becomes obvious so we are just obviously doing the wrong thing.

I've said it multiple times - we have a much better chance of picking up 3rd and 5 than we do 3rd and 2. At some point, you would think that Grobe/Lobo would catch a clue, when we fail on 3rd and short time after time after time after time...

We have been running out of the I and throwing it, I thought that is what everyone wanted? Our OLine is terrible. Fire Lobo for that.

I've said it multiple times - we have a much better chance of picking up 3rd and 5 than we do 3rd and 2. At some point, you would think that Grobe/Lobo would catch a clue, when we fail on 3rd and short time after time after time after time...

They never learn. They continue to make the same mistakes year after year. If you are going to run up the middle on third and 1 teach you your line how to block. That is Lobo's job. You would think after watching them fail time after time he would learn that they cannot open a hole or push the defense off the LOS, but he is frigging brain dead. If he had to answer for his choices he would be out of a job, but apparently, there are no dummies on Jim Grobe's staff. Oh wait a minute, the HC just accepted a penalty to give Md an extra down with time running out that resulted in a first down and then a TD-- They all are frigging stupid and should have to refund a bunch of their excessive salries to the University!

Givens had man-to-man. I'm fine with the call instead of a pistol formation handoff. But Lobo's O-line forgot to do their job.

Yeah I saw that. I'm old school I guess. You've got to run that ball and get the first down. I'm a three yards and a cloud of dust guy. But we just aren't that sort of team.

Lobo

Great second half. Terrific job tonight.

Yeah, I just love those 2nd and 3rd and short where we hand it off 9 yards behind the line of scrimmage and fail to get the first down.

The two pass plays while we were trying to burn clock with 10mins left were questionable, especially since we ended up 3 and out anyway. But at least our D stepped up and saved us from the fouled up punt.

Lobo is awful in every respect of the word. Givens bailed him out tonight with his great plays, and Maryland helped out by self-destructing all game long.

Back