• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Worst replay call ever?

Bubble Boy

Reaction score
The receiver takes 3 steps after securing the ball, the call is ruled a fumble on the field, and they overturn it? I don't think I have ever seen a worse call. Even the announcers were blown away. At some point, when a call is just that bad, you have to wonder if something illegal is going on. I can't think of any other explanation.

dump replay. the refs on the field are incompetent, the replay officials are worse.

Terrible overturn. Incomplete pass was just mind boggling there. Either recovered in bounds or out of bounds I could have lived with, but to say there wasn't a catch there is just nonsense.

There was an incompletion that they overturned and called an interception against BC in 2007 that was really bad.

I remember that one, I think. First game of the season maybe? The BC guy was like 7 feet out of bounds, when he secured the ball, and they called it an INT. It was in the end zone if I recall. Or out of the end zone.

The receiver takes 3 steps after securing the ball, the call is ruled a fumble on the field, and they overturn it? I don't think I have ever seen a worse call. Even the announcers were blown away. At some point, when a call is just that bad, you have to wonder if something illegal is going on. I can't think of any other explanation.

As noted in my earlier thread, only dupes still believe these games aren't fixed. No honest person would make that call; it wasn't even arguably close.BUT they're going to argue it was "indisputable visible evidence to overturn" (?!?!?!) the call on the field?

Taken in isolation, that abhorrent call was either a) unforgivable, fireable incompetence, or b) evidence of severe, incapacitating mental illness.

When combined with the no call PI, the failure to flag the late hit on Pendergrass and the gambler's friend (behind the play holding), ACC football games are starting to look, walk and talk like a duck.

Dang. Dembry clearly dropped the ball, but I figured there was at least a 50/50 chance the replay official would overturn it to a completion.

Wait - they are reviewing a play AFTER we ran a play? What the fuck!!! This is a complete joke!

This is complete ref anarchy. They are now just totally making up shit.

The replay ref either bet A LOT of money on Maryland, or he participated in senior 5th day. This is gotten to where it is so bad, it's pretty much just funny.

Win or lose, some questions need to be asked. This crew needs to be fired or at least on double secret probation.

I seriously want to see the ACC main office address these calls.

If the replay ref is not fired within 10 seconds of the clock reaching all zeros, than the ACC office is a complete joke. His calls haven't even been in the category of "bad". They are 5 times worse than that.

I seriously want to see the ACC main office address these calls.

Requires our coaches to actually raise a stink. That wouldn't be very "Wake Foresty," now would it?

Fuck class sometimes. When you are hosed you need to raise a stink.

Someone should tweet the N&O or one of these local talk radio guys.

This new replay rule where you can review a play anytime after the fact may actually work out for us. What's that ref? You overturned those fumble calls in the 2007 orange bowl and Wake won. Cool. You changed some calls from last week and we are going to the acccg? Awesome. Long live the new replay rule!

Back