• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Just back from the game... What I noticed.

legacyfan

Reaction score
1) Chris Givens is a stud. (Obvious? Yes, but can you really note this fact too often?)

2) ACC Refs should just go shoot themselves... Md was bad enough for it not to matter in this game, but those calls - The Replay Call heads this list - were horrid. It felt, uncomfortably, like the fix was in.

3) Tanner Price. I love this kid. He made some big runs today, and some big passes.

4) Camp is like the #5 hitter on a baseball team, he keeps the D honest giving Givens a lot more opportunity to make big plays.

5) For all you Grobe haters - we are bowl eligible for the 5th time (actually I think it is the 6th time - I believe we were 6-6 one year but went uninvited) in his tenure. Do some homework and realize that the man can coach. (I admit that I chafe at his conservative ways, but really how can you hate this man?)

6) Orville is FAST. Not sure how it looked on TV but I thought that Md defender had the angle on him... and then he just didn't.

7) Noel - number one in nation for passes defended... 'nuff said.

8) BP is a great deal tougher than I thought.

9) Did I mention that the ACC refs should just go shoot themselves?

10) See point #1.

Last edited:
I just noticed that you really only had 8 points to make. :thumbsup:

All good points. I really hope in the last two games of the year that we get the ball to Givens and Camp as often as possible. They're amazing at yards after catch.

Spot on about Orville as well. Really, really fast.

4 or so hours later, the overturn on the replay just baffles me. There is literally no "normal" explanation for how the fumble was overturned. It was ruled a fumble on the field, so there would have to be indisputable evidence that it wasn't a catch. And seeing the guy took 3 freaking steps after possessing the ball, it was indisputable that it was a CATCH.

The weird thing is, never in a hundred years did I think they were even looking at the catch/fumble. I thought the only thing in question was whether Allen was inbounds when recovering the fumble.

Coach Grobe said in the postgame that Givens was playing with a 102 degree fever today. Wow.

1) Chris Givens is a stud. (Obvious? Yes, but can you really note this fact too often?)

2) ACC Refs should just go shoot themselves... Md was bad enough for it not to matter in this game, but those calls - The Replay Call heads this list - were horrid. It felt, uncomfortably, like the fix was in.

3) Tanner Price. I love this kid. He made some big runs today, and some big passes.

4) Camp is like the #5 hitter on a baseball team, he keeps the D honest giving Givens a lot more opportunity to make big plays.

5) For all you Grobe haters - we are bowl eligible for the 5th time (actually I think it is the 6th time - I believe we were 6-6 one year but went uninvited) in his tenure. Do some homework and realize that the man can coach. (I admit that I chafe at his conservative ways, but really how can you hate this man?)

6) Orville is FAST. Not sure how it looked on TV but I thought that Md defender had the angle on him... and then he just didn't.

7) Noel - number one in nation for passes defended... 'nuff said.

8) BP is a great deal tougher than I thought.

9) Did I mention that the ACC refs should just go shoot themselves?

10) See point #1.
you could repeat points #1 and #2 10 more times and it wouldn't be enough.

We had to overcome the zebras to beat the turtles. Very frustrating 2 weeks. Great win despite ref induced adversity.

We had to overcome the zebras to beat the turtles. Very frustrating 2 weeks. Great win despite ref induced adversity.

What's so sad is that several in my section agreed that we hope we have SEC officials for the Vandy game so the game might have a hope of competent officials. Now, that's sad.

Coach Grobe said in the postgame that Givens was playing with a 102 degree fever today. Wow.

Glad to see Givens have a good game today. We look really good when he's on and bad when he's contained. Vandy will be a tough game, but certainly winnable.

Correct. (I am trying to remember if we fumbled once but recovered it... but none lost.)

Not that it mattered, but was the play where Tanner got hit on 4th down called a fumble or incomplete?

This was my first game back in Winston since I graduated. I had such a great time. Some impressions:

That video board is awesome, though I found it kind of embarrassing to shoot off fireworks when nobody was paying attention (e.g. when the team returned for the second half--awkward). The band was so much better than I remember them being.

Saw one of my wife's students playing for Md (she TAs a French class there). That was cool.

Reynolds looked insanely fast. I like Tanner being allowed to run a little more, though he still needs to learn how to get to the ground without being roughed up so much. SLIDE man. Go get a lesson from a baseball player.

Saw Jim Grobe at Riverbirch Lodge afterwards.

I'll feel pretty good about the running game if we can get one more guy in there with Reynolds and Harris.

What's so sad is that several in my section agreed that we hope we have SEC officials for the Vandy game so the game might have a hope of competent officials. Now, that's sad.

I don't think they have to hope. Visiting team always brings their conference's officials with them in college football, I think. For everyone's sake, let's hope it won't be the crew that did Vanderbilt's game last night.

Back