• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

A successful season

DeaconSig

Reaction score
I don't care what happens the rest of the year, this season is a success. I've certainly been critical of the staff at various points this year. But to make it to a bowl against the schedule we had, and after the kick in the nuts we took in game 1, is great. If (and this is a big if) we can get consistent OL play next year, we have the potential for a couple of big years in 2012 and 2013.

Great job guys!

Completely agree. There are certainly a couple games we will look back on this year and wish we either would have done things differently, or the ball would have bounced the other way, but I can't see looking back on this season as anything other than a success for Wake Forest football. We found our QB, we have one of the best WR in the country, and we played tough with pretty much every team on our schedule.

There are those that will continually call for coaches' heads, but let me be the first to say I'm proud of the job our coaches do every year competing in a big time conference with undersized, slower, athletes. Not to mention in a year that has completely jaded me on college athletics, I can look at Wake football and feel good about Mother So Dear.

I still can't believe we lost that fucking Clemson game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But yeah, you're right.

I don't care what happens the rest of the year, this season is a success. I've certainly been critical of the staff at various points this year. But to make it to a bowl against the schedule we had, and after the kick in the nuts we took in game 1, is great. If (and this is a big if) we can get consistent OL play next year, we have the potential for a couple of big years in 2012 and 2013.

Great job guys!

:werd:

Would have been nice if some of the close ones went in our favor, though that would make the season ridiculous spectacular compared with last year.

Would have been nice if some of the close ones went in our favor, though that would make the season ridiculous spectacular compared with last year.

BC, Florida State, NC State, Duke. Could have lost them all.

Great job guys!

+1

Great job guys!

Absolutely.

Heartbreaking that it wasn't a little better, but totally in on this. Sets us up for a great 2012-13. Long term, it was absolutely what we needed this season to be.

Got to get to seven wins to call it a success. Lose the next two and we have a losing season. That can't be considered successful.

If we were picked last in the division with our OOC schedule I'm guessing most sports writers thought we might win 4 games. Maybe 3.

We were a play away from a trip to Charlotte and if we don't beat Vandy and lose a bowl game the season is not successful.

That makes sense.

We finish tied for 2nd in the Atlantic with FSU.

This is the fourth time Wake has ever won 5 ACC games in a season. It is also just the ninth time we have had a winning conference record.

Pretty successful if you ask me.

"What could have been..." which is probably evidence of just how good a job our staff did this year.

Back