• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Vanderbilt

Shame they lost. They're going to be desperate to win. We've had their number but going to be tough to continue the hoodoo Saturday

If it comes down to FG kicking, I like our chances. I guess we will be a 4 or 5 point favorite.

It's better this way. We know we are going to get their best shot and should ourselves be hungry for a chance to win 8 games. No ambiguity at all - two teams who have every reason to prepare and play to the best of their abilities. Should be a great game.

A Wake win over our despised Magnolia Bowl arch rival would make the all time series dead even.

I thought a Vandy win would benefit Wake more, but the way the UT game ended, and all the emotion and effort that went into the rivalry for Vandy, I see them playing burnt out next week.

On the final weekend of the 2007 season, Wake had already qualified for a bowl, while a 5-win Vandy team was playing at home for a chance to go to its first bowl game since 1982. The Deacs won handily. Let's repeat history.

Yeah, thought this scenario had played out before. Will say that the quality of the teams is MUCH more even than it was on that occasion.

Could go either way on Vandy's emotional response. Certainly hope they are burned out

Vandy is so similar to Wake. I just knew they were not going to go to Knoxville as a favorite and win. Vandy is better when getting no respect and sneaking up on people, like Wake.

Vandy has a good team. Wake will have to play very well to win.

I'll stick with my prediction of a few weeks ago, Deacs by 3. What little crowd is there will have to be loud.

I was listening to the Vandy-Tennessee game last night on XM Radio driving home from our game. Early in the third quarter Vandy had a long TD called back because of a clipping penalty. The UT radio announcers got going on a tangent about how when they reviewed the video of Vandy before this game there were a bunch of incidents in which Vandy offensive linemen had been diving into the backs of the knees of defensive linemen in their earlier games (resulting in several shoving matches). They also said that the incident in last night's game that resulted in the clipping penalty was one of the dirtiest things they had seen in a football game in some time.

Now, bearing in mind that college radio networks aren't an unbiased source (Bob Harris at Duke, anyone?), I'm wondering if there is anything to this. I haven't seen enough of Vandy to know, but are they in fact dirty in some of their blocking techniques?

On another note, I did get to see the end of the game/overtime, and the Vandy players looked totally disconsolate coming off the field. I'm betting we'll get a really good effort from them next Saturday, so we need to come ready to play.

If it comes down to FG kicking, I like our chances. I guess we will be a 4 or 5 point favorite.

?

I don't like our chances in a field goal contest against Reynolds High School, and I don't know if they even have a kicker.

?

I don't like our chances in a field goal contest against Reynolds High School, and I don't know if they even have a kicker.

Newman had a rough patch dcuring the ND and Clemson games, but he has been pretty reliable this year. It's sily that we act like he is one of the worst kickers in Division I.

Newman, J 16-20 80.0 0-0 8-8 6-8 2-4 0-0 46 0

Carey Spear 4-7 57.1 0-0 0-1 4-5 0-1 0-0 37 0 Ryan Fowler 1-4 25.0 0-0 0-0 1-3 0-1 0-0 32 1

I was listening to the Vandy-Tennessee game last night on XM Radio driving home from our game. Early in the third quarter Vandy had a long TD called back because of a clipping penalty. The UT radio announcers got going on a tangent about how when they reviewed the video of Vandy before this game there were a bunch of incidents in which Vandy offensive linemen had been diving into the backs of the knees of defensive linemen in their earlier games (resulting in several shoving matches). They also said that the incident in last night's game that resulted in the clipping penalty was one of the dirtiest things they had seen in a football game in some time.

Now, bearing in mind that college radio networks aren't an unbiased source (Bob Harris at Duke, anyone?), I'm wondering if there is anything to this. I haven't seen enough of Vandy to know, but are they in fact dirty in some of their blocking techniques?

On another note, I did get to see the end of the game/overtime, and the Vandy players looked totally disconsolate coming off the field. I'm betting we'll get a really good effort from them next Saturday, so we need to come ready to play.

I guess you've missed all accusations of the same type things against us over the years? It's what happens when schools like Wake and Vandy are decent in football, the big schools start accussing us of playing dirty. I highly doubt there is much to it.

Vandy has played admirably this year but WF needs to win. We are better.

Newman is not the worst kicker out there, but he is not dependable in clutch situtations. Do not want this game to come down to FGs.

?

This post is really off base.

Newman has the 26th best completion percentage in the country and has more attempts than 18 of the 25 players ahead of him.

He isn't dependable in clutch situations, but that isn't really unusual, even for normally really good kickers. Just ask Oregon or FSU. Or Boise State.

Back