• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

College hoops, 11-20-11

deacfreke2

Reaction score
There isn't a slate of big important games today, although Purdue-Alabama could be interesting, but I'd like to give props to Saint Louis for their victory over Washington. Game was never close as SLU jumped out to a big lead and led 50-25 at the half.

UW rallied but too little, too late as the final was 77-64. Majerus is finally beginning to see the fruits of his labor at SLU.

Majerus is in the top 5 of guys I'd tip to win a game against equal talent. Guy can coach.

Iona has been really competitive this year against some pretty decent competition.

They play 6 guys extensively and can all score. Almost all from NYC.

That is a bad, bad home loss for GT to an LSU team that won 11 games last year. Maryland lost by 26 to Iona.

Woof. Remember when the ACC was undefeated as a conference? Yeah, me neither.

Seems like ages ago that the ACC would be undefeated going into Thanksgiving. I think at least once or twice the league only had 2 or 3 losses going into the ACC-Big Ten Challenge.

Oregon 5-star recruit Jabari Brown has already left the program. Weird.

Not surprised. He had been terrible, and it was a surprised when he committed to Oregon to start with. Nike probably reneged on their promise to sign him after his year there.

Or Altman wanted to not start him.

Will be interesting to see where he lands. Has really not been a start to remember for blue chippers in the Pac-12.

Back