• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2011 FCS Playoffs

Screamindemon3

Reaction score
FCS_Bracket.png

Should be a very interesting tournament. There's not really a clear cut favorite like in previous years. I'd personally chalk up Georgia Southern as the favorite. Only loss was to ASU in Boone and they just hung 21 on Alabama which is more than anyone else in that department.

A few of the higher ranked teams haven't really been tested, but I guess props to them for pulling a Boise and running the schedule they were given.

Ill go Georgia Southern vs Montana in the Championship, with Georgia Southern ultimately winning it all.

The CAA was totally screwed up this year. Richmond was awful. No Delaware, Villanova, or W&M to be found. Instead the league gets Towson, ODU, NH, Maine, and JMU. Not exactly the traditional powers.

Old Dominion is 9-2? Didn't they just start a team like 2-3 years ago. If so, that's pretty damn impressive.

Trying to figure a way to get to Boone for the Maine game. I will have to rig it so I have a "work" appointment in Marion on Friday.

I want to see Brian Quick play 4 more games in the Black and Gold...then hundreds more in the Burgundy and Gold.

Trying to figure a way to get to Boone for the Maine game. I will have to rig it so I have a "work" appointment in Marion on Friday.

I want to see Brian Quick play 4 more games in the Black and Gold...then hundreds more in the Burgundy and Gold.

2% chance of ASU winning in Statesboro. Hate it but its true. GSU is out for blood after App won in Boone and ASU blows on the road.

2% chance of ASU winning in Statesboro. Hate it but its true. GSU is out for blood after App won in Boone and ASU blows on the road.

Yeah...but you and I both gave them about a 2% chance of winning the first time.

LOL at the implication that NoDak State didn't play anyone.

Sagarin ratings (FCS only, only teams in the playoffs)
1. Northern Iowa
2. North Dakota State
3. Georgia Southern
4. Sam Houston State
5. Montana
6. Montana State
7. Wofford
8. Appalachian State
9. Towson
10. Maine
11. Lehigh
12. New Hampshire
13. Old Dominion
14. James Madison
15. Central Arkansas
16. Stony Brook
17. Eastern Kentucky
18. Tennessee Tech
19. Norfolk State
20. Albany

Looks like North Dakota State and Sam Houston got favorable draws as you'd expect, though NoDakSt did get a toughish first round matchup assuming JMU wins. Northern Iowa and Wofford were done no favors in a matchup that should have happened a week later. The winner of that game should give Montana all they want.

If Georgia Southern or Appalachian State make it to North Dakota State, I might try to make it to that game in the Fargodome.

Would be fun in a couple of weeks to fill out that bracket for the FBS, just to see how it might look.

It is a long shot but if App makes it to the Championship game I am going to Frisco.

Sucks that Liberty lost to Stoney Brook saturday for the conference championship, they had tied the previous 2 years and missed out on it as well. They lose their stud qb before coming to BB&T next year.

Not sure about GA Southern. I think their 21 was more indicative of a Bama offense that hadn't seen the option all season than a great GS team. In the FCS, teams see the option far more often and are prepared (see State, Appalachian).

Back