• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Larry Munson has died (NWT)

Go

Deacsbravesdawgsetc
Reaction score
RIP to the legendary announcer of the Georgia Bulldogs.

I can only assume he died of a hobnailed boot to the face.

Hunker down you hairy dawgs!

Walker, my dawg!

Run Lindsay ... Lindsay Scott, Lindsay Scott, Lindsay Scott ... I broke my chair ... man, is there going to be some property destroyed tonight ... I gave up, you did too!

RIP you hairy dawg!

Never was a UGA fan but occasionally got their games on radio in Hilton Head. He was great.

He was good when Georgia was winning, but he was epic when they were losing. Listening to him then was like sitting with your grumpy old uncle while his team lost, just miserable about everything.

Hearing him in 2001 when GT was in the process of gashing their defense for the 3rd straight win in a row was awesome - he was in full on grumpy old uncle mode:

Georgia Tech is just marching this down the field like we were Wake Forest or Maryland or somebody

UGAcrying1.gif

RIP: They don't make em like him anymore. We have been lucky to have Gene De ckerhoff for 400 games now.

One of the most recognizable voices in sports.

Herschel's first game freshman year, running over Bill Bates:

Later that year with the Lindsay Scott call (way more exciting than Sid Bream):

"My God a Freshman!" is my personal favorite, although its hilarious when you hear him talking about breaking his chair during Lindsay Scott.

Ha, forgot about "I gave up. You did too."

Thats what I said after Wake's comeback against Maryland few years back.

Back