• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Old Spice

ChrisL68

Riley Skinner
Reaction score
Can we make a run to the championship game.

Dayton and the winner of Fairfield/ASU actually seems doable now.

No, Dayton will beat us.

It is, however, astounding how bad of a field they put together. Arizona State (last in the PAC 10), DePaul (last in the Big East), Texas Tech (next to last in the Big 12), Minnesota (9th in the B1G), and Wake are your major conference teams? Really? Even Dayton only finished 8th in the A10.

It's a weak field, but Wake is a weak team. I don't see us doing better than 2-1 and think 1-2 is the most likely outcome.

Dayton turned it over 22 times in the loss to Miami (OH), and 18 in the other two games combined. We have to force a ton of turnovers to have a prayer of winning, it looks like.

I really have no idea what to expect against Dayton, but it will be a good test for us after looking decent against 3 warm-up teams at home.

not really expecting us to beat the flyers but it will be an interesting game against a better opponent.

No, Dayton will beat us.

It is, however, astounding how bad of a field they put together. Arizona State (last in the PAC 10), DePaul (last in the Big East), Texas Tech (next to last in the Big 12), Minnesota (9th in the B1G), and Wake are your major conference teams? Really? Even Dayton only finished 8th in the A10.

Yeah I was talking about this with friends...Minnesota should be better this year but the field is horrific. Dayton is the second best team in this shindig.

I said it in the last Old Spice thread and I'ma say it again:

We're winning this damn thing.

Mark it down, fellas. Mark it down.

Dayton fans are really down on their team and new coach. They do have talent, Chris Johnson is solid for example. But they really don't know a whole lot about their team yet, kind of like us. Should be an interesting matchup.

It goes without saying that we have got to find a way to rebound the basketball.

Dayton is way down this year or at least is supposed to be. Between their Sr. losses, and transfers/lost recruits due to the coaching change, they aren't supposed to be much. Could definitely be a winnable game for the Deacs. I'd say Indiana State is the second best team in the field, Dayton would be by recent seasons, but it's questionable this year.

Last edited:
Dayton's results thus far: http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/team/_/id/2168/dayton-flyers

Wilmington must be pretty terrible this year.

Dayton turned it over 22 times in the loss to Miami (OH), and 18 in the other two games combined. We have to force a ton of turnovers to have a prayer of winning, it looks like.

Yea, turnovers appear to be key.

I hate using the transitive property in game analysis, but at this point in the season that's really all there is to use. From their results, Dayton doesn't appear as some cupcake. Miami (OH) has only played twice, but their one loss came to Xavier where they seem to have hung around (66-60). This is all to say that I'm not sure it's fair to call UNC-W terrible; Dayton could just be much better.

I think we lose to Dayton, but a win would convince me that this team is moving solidly in the right direction.

I said it in the last Old Spice thread and I'ma say it again:

We're winning this damn thing.

Mark it down, fellas. Mark it down.

This would be a great way to get a sliver of national recognition and more importantly get some much needed confidence for this young group. Win baby win.

I am pulling for our young guys and coaches! Every win is an encouragement to them! Go Deacs!

this will be a close game...go Deacs!

Back