• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Nikita Whitlock ranks 25th in Nation

Lectro

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
For Tackles for Loss @ 12. Among ALL players.

For Tackles for Loss @ 12. Among ALL players.

Nikita is a stud, no doubt, no question. Not many teams have a nose guard that can make plays all over the field. Still would like to see him in a 4-3 playing beside a big 300+lb d-tackle though.

Nikita is a stud, no doubt, no question. Not many teams have a nose guard that can make plays all over the field. Still would like to see him in a 4-3 playing beside a big 300+lb d-tackle though.

That would be nice.

I read Nikita, thought basketball, and was surprised they actually recorded takedowns.

He's too small to play linebacker for that matter. But he can play football.

He'd actually make a really good MLB in a 4-3 (which is what they thought he would play when they offered him a scholarship), and he's big enough to play that position at around 6 foot 250-260

Works harder than any player I can recall. Rarely ever leaves the game.

I think he would be a very strong MLB.

One analyst said that he was the best football player on our team. In terms of everything that goes into being a football player, that may be true.

A great decision to recruit him!

He'd actually make a really good MLB in a 4-3 (which is what they thought he would play when they offered him a scholarship), and he's big enough to play that position at around 6 foot 250-260

6 foot...I dont think so, he might hit 5'10" on a good day. But he is a player!

Thus the "around"... And height isn't so much of an issue for an MLB as is weight, and more importantly football skill, which he clearly has. If we can get some bigger DTs into our line rotation I think it'd be interesting to see what he could do in a 3-3-5 type look at backer

Still tickles me that nobody wanted to offer the 5A defensive player of the year in TEXAS. Doesnt meet the profile, except the fact that the kid can flat play the game. Love him! Proud to be a Deacon.

Did he play every snap on defense Sat.? Each time I specifically looked, he was out there.

Still tickles me that nobody wanted to offer the 5A defensive player of the year in TEXAS. Doesnt meet the profile, except the fact that the kid can flat play the game. Love him! Proud to be a Deacon.

Amen. I watched this guy play in Texas. He was unreal. Glad the Deacs signed him

I'm at best a shade under 5'10" and I think I'm taller than Nikita when he walks by during the Deacon Walk. Dude is a freak though. I like him at DT, but I think he'd excel even more in a 4-3 with a 300lber lined up beside him.

Back