• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Newest MOD

marquee moon

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
It's some kid named stonz. Never heard about him before. He goes to Wake so that's why he was selected because we didn't have any of those.

He may be friends with doofus and numbers (that's good, right?) and is a sophomore.

Please give him a warm welcome.

STONZ????

...Nope never heard of him.

I didn't know any students posted on the message boards.

What's the rational behind the continued moderation expansion?

Also, why stonz?

YOU GUYS SAID YOU WOULD BE TRANSPARENT WITH EVERYTHING!~!!1!

You seem to be adding 1 mod per week. How long will you keep this pace?

Moon, after a great decree with tsy, you dropped the ball on this one. For shame!

Welcome, stonz. Enjoy the madness that is the moderators' board.

Our rationale for expanding is this: this board exploded much faster than we ever anticipated, and if we're serious about being active, engaged, and transparent at all times (which we want to be), it requires more moderators than most boards usually have. It's another person for you guys to send whiny PMs to, if nothing else.

That said, this will be our last addition for a while.

Mentioned on the suggestion thread, but warrants mentioning again since you keep adding mods: there needs to be an option to be able to ignore a moderator. DS has that option. This site does not, even though the mods post about 100x more often here than on DS.

Mentioned on the suggestion thread, but warrants mentioning again since you keep adding mods: there needs to be an option to be able to ignore a moderator. DS has that option. This site does not, even though the mods post about 100x more often here than on DS.

TW responded to this request on the suggestion board (page 14 on the pit one I believe) and said he'd changed it to allow this to happen. :thumbsup:

It still won't work for admins (ie, me, TW, OGD) just because we need everyone to see when we make tech announcements/site maintenance/etc.

Our rationale for expanding is this: this board exploded much faster than we ever anticipated, and if we're serious about being active, engaged, and transparent at all times (which we want to be), it requires more moderators than most boards usually have.

Something here doesn't add up. If you want transparency and less "overseer" interference, you have more mods?

Reactions: ONW
More mods just to help keep teh boards clean from spammers/etc. and notify other mods when an issue has come up. More mods doesn't equal more interference.

what have mods done so far? Don't really see the need for all of them on these boards, especially those that don't really do anything except antagonize posters

Thanks for the welcome guys. Just to echo cookoutdeac, I won't be interfering at all (unless you make a :NoSATrequirement joke).

My primary task is to keep numbers in line when he starts drunk posting.

Welcome stonzm9!

A larger number of mods allows us to democratically discuss actions prior to taking them, making sure the mods dont fly off the cuff and do something the others arent in agreement of. So far its worked beautifully, and should from here on out.

what have mods done so far? Don't really see the need for all of them on these boards, especially those that don't really do anything except antagonize posters

Mostly unseen things by the majority of posters. Early in the morning TW or I will clean up spammers from the night before, and fix/merge posts with duplicate threads for a more enjoyable reading experience.

Respond to tech/support issues, clean up spam (which there has been a lot of), and inform other moderators of potential issues that crop up and may require action.

We are not adding mods so you guys have to deal with more overlords. It's simply a ratio thing since the traffic has more than doubled over the last week and a half.

Obviously you haven't been paying attention. This was implemented a few days ago.

Back