• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Vandy Post-Game Controversy

coredeac

Reaction score
If Haas, just delete.

Anyone know the details of what occurred other than UT being the rednecks they are?

Hope this is not motivation for Vandy coming into our game.

Wow. Thanks.

I think Franklin's comments were first class. Just lost a gut-wrenching game and rednecks in the other locker room calling his team out.

He held it together quite well.

Last edited:
An over the top celebration for beating Vandy in OT? Times are rough in Knoxville.

The team goes on to sing, "Don't give a damn for the whole school of Vanderbilt, the whole school of Vanderbilt, the whole school of Vanderbilt. Don't give a damn about the whole school of Vanderbilt, we're from Tennessee." Catchy, right?

Doesn't seem that way.

Pretty gut wrenching loss for the 'Dores. . .

They low-down, they dirty, and they some snitches

Franklin is a blowhard who beats his chest about how much culture change he's brought to vandy and then the moment he gets beat he retreats into the "we've only won 4 games in the last two years" bullshit.

Tennessee was 0-6 in the SEC and got embarrassed by Arkansas the week before. They had every reason to fold after vandy went up 21-14 and they fought back and won for the first time all year. Don't blame Dooley one bit for being fired up in the locker room. That happens in just about every locker room in college football. Some moron just taped it and let it get out on youtube.

Hopefully Wake can beat Vandy this week and keep them out of a bowl game.

So a bunch of 18-22 guys jumped around, yelled, and chanted in their locker room after winning a football game? How is that a big deal? It happens all across the country every Friday and Saturday night.

So a bunch of 18-22 guys jumped around, yelled, and chanted in their locker room after winning a football game? How is that a big deal? It happens all across the country every Friday and Saturday night.

Never underestimate the overreaction of middle aged white men to the actions of a bunch of young student athletes.

Here's the video of the locker room celebration:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV3t56Bw8Pk

This is exactly what I would expect a locker room to look like when a team gets its first conference win of the season on a pick six in OT. Just the Vandy media trying stir stuff up, imo.

The "Tennessee always kicks the shit out of Vanderbilt" comment is at 1:50

Here's the video of the locker room celebration:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV3t56Bw8Pk

This is exactly what I would expect a locker room to look like when a team gets its first conference win of the season on a pick six in OT. Just the Vandy media trying stir stuff up, imo.

The "Tennessee always kicks the shit out of Vanderbilt" comment is at 1:50

Vandy has media?

It's so much easier to direct anger at the other team when you lose. That's why "running up the score" is such a big deal when in reality nobody actually cares. It's just a convenient outlet for anger.

as someone who loathes UT and whose parents both went to Vanderbilt, this is a complete non-issue. It's just kids celebrating a win. And the song seems like a generic tradition that they sing after every win "I don't give a damn about_______________, because I'm from Tennessee."

Back