• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ITT We post examples of college bball coaches throwing their players under the bus

stonz

Reaction score
Mark Turgeon starts us off after a 26 point loss to Iona:

This is the biggest challenge I’ve ever had in coaching; it’s not even close...I can’t make it any easier on these guys...The lack of commitment to running the plays the right way is mind-boggling. I’ve never seen anything like it...We were selfish, I don’t know how many times we can ask these guys to run back [on defense], and they still don’t do it the way they need to do it

Turgeon cited an offensive play that the Terps ran properly 10 times on Friday against Colorado. According to Turgeon, he called the same play three times in the second half against Iona, and it was botched each time.

That was hardly the only thing that aggravated the coach, who spoke with players in the locker room for an extended time following the defeat, enumerating the myriad ways in which they had performed poorly.

"My mistake was going to Colorado and inheriting a team that won seven games, that had a team GPA of 2.004, a team that the attendance was only about 3,000 people per game with a bunch of players that were doing some crazy stuff. So excuse me for three years later, then having the freshman of the year in the Big 12, another all-Big 12 player, only one senior on the team, attendance went up 40 percent."

"My mistake was going to Colorado and inheriting a team that won seven games, that had a team GPA of 2.004, a team that the attendance was only about 3,000 people per game with a bunch of players that were doing some crazy stuff. So excuse me for three years later, then having the freshman of the year in the Big 12, another all-Big 12 player, only one senior on the team, attendance went up 40 percent."

I still can't believe no one understands this quote.

I understand what he's saying, I was just being obtuse

Oh ok... a lot of people do think he was saying he literally made a mistake in taking the Colorado job.

Oh and for the thread

Tom Izzo on Delvon Roe:
“Their guy took it at him, same size, one guy went up tough, one guy didn’t.

“So Delvon’s got to grow up. He’s healthy. I was not pleased with his play. Not very often am I calling out players, I usually call out a team. But our inside guys need some work. We are just not very tough in there. That has been a trademark of our team and our program, and we’ll get that back.”

Delvon retired a few months later from chronic knee problems.

I think he's equilateral...

and now the joke has run its course.

Oh ok... a lot of people do think he was saying he literally made a mistake in taking the Colorado job.

Oh and for the thread:

Tom Izzo on Delvon Roe:

that seems like an obvious motivational ploy to me more than throwing him under the bus

It's Turgeon's fault. Clearly he didn't practice it enough for it to be run successfully. What an awful coach. #Turgeonout.

Mark Turgeon is the worst human that I've ever seen. What kind of a cee u next tuesday would ever say anything like this?

God I bet he spends more times getting his players to put their clothes on correctly than he does coaching. What an awful human being and I hope he dies within the next six months.

All he ever does is taunt and make fun of his players and make them never want to play the game. What an atrocious person. If I ever met him I would punch him in the face and tell him that he sucks.

It's Turgeon's fault. Clearly he didn't practice it enough for it to be run successfully. What an awful coach. #Turgeonout.

Mark Turgeon is the worst human that I've ever seen. What kind of a cee u next tuesday would ever say anything like this?

God I bet he spends more times getting his players to put their clothes on correctly than he does coaching. What an awful human being and I hope he dies within the next six months.

All he ever does is taunt and make fun of his players and make them never want to play the game. What an atrocious person. If I ever met him I would punch him in the face and tell him that he sucks.

Lol..posrep

I thought it was pretty funny, you have to admit we've sat through an excessive amount of [Redacted] hatred and this is from someone who is still pretty Bzzout

Bruce Weber on McCamey and his team:

"He stopped coming in to work hard and spend extra time on his shot and all the stuff you need to do...The lack of toughness, the lack of leadership and understanding how hard you have to play every game, it's probably the difference of us being a possibly top-10 team and being where we are -- fighting for our lives"

got a negrep from me.

clever? no
mixing up his material? no
annoying? yes
even more annoying than the people he's mocking? yes
incredibly stupid? yes

negrep. sorry df27

I can respect that. Just thought that for all we have suffered through the past year and a half we can have at least one thread that mocks the people off the deep end.

I can respect that. Just thought that for all we have suffered through the past year and a half we can have at least one thread that mocks the people off the deep end.

i know i just always find that particular kind of post most annoying

Back