• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The most pressing needs for BB&T field

Wakefan77

Reaction score
Don't usually start threads but after reading Dan's blog it got me thinking what will be in the works next for BB&T field. I've heard Grobe talk about the locker rooms needing attention. What would you guys like to see done to the stadium next? I think the West side concession stands/restrooms need to be addressed. I would love for them to be able to do something to tie Deacon Hill and the scoreboard in with the stands to make it more of a "bowl". Just curious what everyone thinks.

Would really like to see us add some recognition for Wake's all-time great players. Not retired numbers, necessarily, but something of that nature.

Don't usually start threads but after reading Dan's blog it got me thinking what will be in the works next for BB&T field. I've heard Grobe talk about the locker rooms needing attention. What would you guys like to see done to the stadium next? I think the West side concession stands/restrooms need to be addressed. I would love for them to be able to do something to tie Deacon Hill and the scoreboard in with the stands to make it more of a "bowl". Just curious what everyone thinks.

Locker rooms should be first. We need to focus on the players. West side concessions/bathrooms next. I would also love to enhance the tailgate area. I believe these are all in the master plan.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Would really like to see us add some recognition for Wake's all-time great players. Not retired numbers, necessarily, but something of that nature.

I've been beating this drum for a while. Wake finally recognized the bowl appearances, but only in the concourse. I'd very much like to see a _______ of Honor (cant have a ring!) that's visible from the field and the seating area. This needs to happen and should not cost a ton of money.

Adding to this, something to acknowledge the bowl games and ACC Championships in the stadium. Maryland has the bowl logos and years along the front of their field house, and State has the names along the bottom of the upper deck seats.

Personally, I think it would be great for Wake to design the parking lots to accommodate more tent camping. I know people already bring their RV's, but open it up more for people to camp and tailgate. Maybe have a fenced in area or something that doesn't require much security. And make this available for all games, not just big Notre Dame type games.

Agree the locker rooms are the most pressing need though.

Adding to this, something to acknowledge the bowl games and ACC Championships in the stadium. Maryland has the bowl logos and years along the front of their field house, and State has the names along the bottom of the upper deck seats.

Personally, I think it would be great for Wake to design the parking lots to accommodate more tent camping. I know people already bring their RV's, but open it up more for people to camp and tailgate. Maybe have a fenced in area or something that doesn't require much security. And make this available for all games, not just big Notre Dame type games.

Agree the locker rooms are the most pressing need though.

BC also has its bowl appearances and years along the bottom of the upper deck seats.

Better volume control on the scoreboard and real football food in the tower.. What's wrong with real popcorn, a funnel cake. If you're not going to sell it in the tower, then let people bring it up.

and in reality, classes on when to cheer, slight shocks in the seats to get people to stand the whole game.

We need to add the button that they have in Death Valley and in Cameron that when someone pushes it, the officials ignore the actual rules of the game and just make shit up to make sure we win.

I agree. I know we don't have a long storied history like other programs but it would be nice to have something in the stadium to honor some of the Wake Forest greats.

BB&T needs more Deacon wins & ONLY Deacon wins. Everything else is a secondary or tertiary upgrade.

Locker room then weight room. After that, I guess we could upgrade the practice facilities. But it's amazing what we've done in a 10 year period.

A headset that allows members of ogboards to communicate with Lobo during games to convince him the 3rd and 1 shotgun formation run won't work this time.

Back