• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coastal Carolina Beats Clemson

Rough start for the Tigers. Lost to Charleston this year as well.

Hell yes my adopted MB school! Will be rocking out my CC hat with pride tomorrow.

As a Grand Strand native I have to say... Go chants!

Another team that we could possibly get an acc win from?

Love it...seems like Clemson starts out 12-0 every year because they teams like....coastal carolina for 12 straight games

Cliff Ellis doing a damn good job of cheating down there

The bottom half of the league is so bad, we could win 7 league games and not one of 'em would be against a team in the rpi top 100... or even 150. Between Maryland, BC, Clemson, and GaT that's 7 possible wins. Not sure what VTech or Miami has, heck we should've beat Miami last year.

8-8 in the league, could happen, not saying should or will, but could.

Brad Brownell struggling at Clemson early on this season. Surprised nobody else has brought that up already...

I think these two games are an aberration and he will get it turned around pretty quickly. He has pretty good talent and coaches a good defense.

I have a memory of loosing to Coastal Bob Staak's first year at Wake, portent of things to come for us.

Overall, the ACC is way down. Will be interesting to follow as the year progresses. Hopefully the conference as a whole is at the bottom of a downward trend and will swing back upward sooner rather than later

Maybe I am just a conspiracy nut these days, but I think the over hyping of the Duke-UNC rivalry has really hurt the conference.

ESPN has pushed it incessently and the conference has backed that as well, to the point that it seems none of the rest of the teams/games matter.

I know it goes hand in hand, and another couple of teams have to get off the mat and start winning games again, but even with FSU and Miami doing better the past few years, how often do you see them on TV as opposed to Duke/UNC?

I understand why ESPN does this, but I feel like the conference should take a stand and say, "You know there are 12 teams (currently) in this league..."

Maybe I am just a conspiracy nut these days, but I think the over hyping of the Duke-UNC rivalry has really hurt the conference.

ESPN has pushed it incessently and the conference has backed that as well, to the point that it seems none of the rest of the teams/games matter.

I know it goes hand in hand, and another couple of teams have to get off the mat and start winning games again, but even with FSU and Miami doing better the past few years, how often do you see them on TV as opposed to Duke/UNC?

I understand why ESPN does this, but I feel like the conference should take a stand and say, "You know there are 12 teams (currently) in this league..."

I agree that the Duke-UNC rivalry is grossly over hyped, especially by ESPN (which, by the way and because I need to vent about this is not a news organization. ESPN is in the business of making money.)

But anyway, I disagree that that is the reason the conference is down. I think a glut of talent has gone to the Big East when it traditionally would have gone to the ACC has hurt. I also think a number of bungled hires have hurt the quality of play as schools have had coaching busts (NOTE: not a BzOut comment, I was referring the conference as a whole)

So your saying theres a chance?

There's a chance we can finish higher than 11th in the conference, yes IMO. As we've seen in the first couple of games, almost every player in our starting 5 (Tony, Chase, CJ, Travis, and Carson) is a danger to hit the 3, our offensive movement is looking great, we're hustling, and most importantly, we're playing like we want to be out there playing and working hard.

The bad part about UVA and Clemson losing these early games is they're probably going to be top half of the conference/middle third. If Wake takes games from either team I'd be surprised. Coastal is ranked 20 spots ahead of Wake on KenPom (noted that it's still early in the year)

Back