• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Steven Chase

jamesda3

Reaction score
Grade 3 MCL tear out for the rest of the year. 6-8 weeks.

Time to get those young chaps some more experience.

Get well big man...need a monster year of S&C from Steve after he gets these next 6 weeks out of the way.

Happened during MD game or practice this week? Who is his replacement and who will now be #2 at that spot on the depth chart? Need the line to play well again v. Vandy.

Happened during MD game or practice this week? Who is his replacement and who will now be #2 at that spot on the depth chart? Need the line to play well again v. Vandy.

During the Maryland game I think. What about Summers, any updates on him?

I wonder what our depth chart looks like this week, the one on the website is as of November 10th???

I wonder what our depth chart looks like this week, the one on the website is as of November 10th???

I hope we get brave enough and the players are good enough to get one or two of our RF linemen in the game for few plays here and there.

One of the big benefits of going bowling is the extra practice time, especially for backups and RF we will need next year.

Wouldn't his replacement be Godfrey, who started the year at LT?

I am sure it would. Then you need someone behind Godfrey. Unless they shuffle, it should be Blitch or Bolling. If Summers can't go same situation with one of the young guys at OG looking to backup there.

Godfrey has been getting most of the pt lately over Chase. I would imagine Dennis will play the entire game versus Vandy unless he gets dinged up. I think Godfrey has really stepped up his play during the last half of the season.

Godfrey has been getting most of the pt lately over Chase. I would imagine Dennis will play the entire game versus Vandy unless he gets dinged up. I think Godfrey has really stepped up his play during the last half of the season.

You may be right as we seem afraid to work the new guys in. Godfrey is not used to going the whole way. A tired Godfrey is not the best Godfrey. Silly not to give the backups a few snaps especially when the word is we are so high on these guys for next year. Or they are not that good and we are in trouble. We shall see.

You may be right as we seem afraid to work the new guys in. Godfrey is not used to going the whole way. A tired Godfrey is not the best Godfrey. Silly not to give the backups a few snaps especially when the word is we are so high on these guys for next year. Or they are not that good and we are in trouble. We shall see.

Agreed. Never like how Grobe talks so highly of the young linemen and but then refuses to play them, even if the guys ahead of them aren't cutting it.

Could potentially be thin next year along the O-line, so need to get young guys as much PT

Agreed. Never like how Grobe talks so highly of the young linemen and but then refuses to play them, even if the guys ahead of them aren't cutting it.

I haven't understood that either. I've brought this up before, but remember Grobe's first couple of seasons, we rotated a good 8 guys on the OL, and it helped our guys stay fresh and wore down the opponent. That was never more evident than in the comeback at Kenan game where UNC's vaunted D-line that included Julius Peppers was bending over holding their hips toward the end of the game. It seems we've got several good linemen with a good mix of old guys and youngs guys, I'm kind of surprised we haven't seen a little more rotation this year.

I haven't understood that either. I've brought this up before, but remember Grobe's first couple of seasons, we rotated a good 8 guys on the OL, and it helped our guys stay fresh and wore down the opponent. That was never more evident than in the comeback at Kenan game where UNC's vaunted D-line that included Julius Peppers was bending over holding their hips toward the end of the game. It seems we've got several good linemen with a good mix of old guys and youngs guys, I'm kind of surprised we haven't seen a little more rotation this year.

Caldwell's recruits coached by a guy who only coached the OL.

Back