• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Urban and tOSU

In Gainesville, the talk all year has been Urban to tOSU.

Yeh not a big surprise at all. Just crazy seeing it happen especially when he went on and on about wanting to spend time with his family and now he's taking coaches from UF. I bet UF wishes he would take some of those busts.

Figured this was in the works since the sweatervest got run out of town.

Did anybody else hear the rumor that Herbstreit is interesting in being the QB coach at OSU if Meyer takes the job?

Did Muschamp retain a lot of Urban's assistants?

No. One and the strength and conditioning coach. Urban's old OC is HC at Temple and i have no idea where the DC in his last year is.

Last edited:
So he was just full of shit about the whole "my heart hurts" and "I like my family" thing?

Yeh not a big surprise at all. Just crazy seeing it happen especially when he went on and on about wanting to spend time with his family and now he's taking coaches from UF. I bet UF wishes he would take some of those busts.

Obvious he was sick of the SEC pressure. It would be hard pressed for him to win now that the Alabama model has taken precedent.

So he was just full of shit about the whole "my heart hurts" and "I like my family" thing?

Yes, Urban is a coaching mercenary, but also consider how many times the OSU job is open.

Rational Gator fans recognize that he has put the UF program in elite company. As someone who grew up a Gator fan I'm not mad nor surprised.

Any guess on the Las Vegas Over/Under for how many times UM would retire from tO$U?

Yes, Urban is a coaching mercenary, but also consider how many times the OSU job is open.

Rational Gator fans recognize that he has put the UF program in elite company. As someone who grew up a Gator fan I'm not mad nor surprised.

I would think you'd have to credit the "old ball coach" for that. Urban more or less knocked the dust off the program that the Zook tenure accumulated, didn't he?

He'd be nuts to do that. He's got one of the best gigs in broadcasting.

Yeah, that's what they were saying on the radio. He would be nuts, but it could be a dream of his I suppose.

In sports we call it "Losers Limp". You are wide open and you drop the pass...then you start to limp back toward the huddle.

In this case Nick Saban was crushing Meyer's team. Meyer's response was to come down with "heart pains"-- my boys called it when we saw it "Losers Limp!"

He is a phony and he made a bad case of gas out to be a life threatening medical condition.Horse shit.

I would think you'd have to credit the "old ball coach" for that. Urban more or less knocked the dust off the program that the Zook tenure accumulated, didn't he?

I'd say that Urban made UF a national program by winning two titles, setting a higher standard for recruiting, and bringing UF's most adored player ever to campus (and coaching another UF heisman winner).

Spurrier woke up the sleeping giant that was Florida football and changed coaching in the sec as they knew it, but Urban made UF a national brand.

I think Hello nailed it. To me, Urban gets credit for making Utah and UF national programs.

Back