• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Thanksgiving traditions of famous athletes

myDeaconmyhand

First man to get a team of horses up Bear Mountain
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers, Quarterback, Green Bay Packers
“There really isn’t a more special holiday than Thanksgiving. My entire family always comes together for a great meal and the opportunity to enjoy each others’ company. I get to see all of my neices and nephews and it’s always great to see how much they’ve grown. It’s really a fantastic day at our house.”
——
Bobby Knight, Former Basketball Coach
“There’s nothing more wonderful than spending time with my family on Thanksgiving. My sons come to visit with their wives and children, and I start by telling them all how terrible they are. Then I make them run suicides in the yard until they all throw up. Then we watch football and eat. Then I throw a folding chair into the fireplace and scream and smash a bunch of plates. At the end of the day, you know, family’s important. You have to cherish every minute.”
——
Derek Fisher, NBPA President
“My wife always cooks a huge, beautiful dinner and we all sit down to eat. Then I ask my wife for seconds, and if she doesn’t bring me enough I leave the house. A few hours later I’ll usually come back, but when my wife offers me food again I’ll turn around and walk out just to prove a point. Most of the time I won’t even look at it. Sure, I’m still hungry, but I have her right where I want her.”
——-
Kevin Stallings, Head Coach, Vanderbilt University
“My table has everything you could possibly ask for: turkey, cranberries, creamed corn, mashed potatoes, rolls, stuffing, green beans, pumpkin pie. After I eat all that, it’s usually about 11:00, so I get dressed and go meet my family for Thanksgiving dinner.”
——
Jim Caldwell, Indianapolis Colts Head Coach
“Usually, on one of the days before Thanksgiving, the team gets together for a large meal to celebrate and Peyton always carves the turkey before we eat. This year he couldn’t make it, so we purposefully burned all of the food and threw it on the floor. It was totally inedible. Just like we hoped it would be.”
——-
John Daly, Golfer
“Even though I’m a famous golfer, I still celebrate Thanksgiving the same way everyone else in America does. My table probably has all the same things as anyone else’s: leftover Chinese food, hot wings, a carton of Kools, a half-case of Schlitz and some vomit. Also, I’m half-naked in a dumpster behind Hooters and soaked in my own urine. Just like everyone else.”
——
Wladimir Klitschko, Heavyweight Boxing Champion
“First I go to woods and punching turkey until it dies. Then I cook the turkey. Then I punching the potatoes until they mashed. Then I punching, punching the turkey into pieces and give to my family. Everyone is happy with tasting.”
——-
CC Sabathia, pitcher
“Thanksgiving, for me, is really no different from any other day of the week in the baseball off-season. I wake up, put on my mask and cape and try to steal hamburgers from Ronald McDonald, Grimace and Mayor McCheese. This year I’m really going to get a bunch of hamburgers and they’ll never catch me. Rubble rubble.”

Back