• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2011=Awesome Weather for WFU Foootball

DownEastDeac

Reaction score
Assuming Saturday's good forecast holds, this season's 7 home games have been almost perfect for football and tailgating. No rain, and the September games were not too hot and the November games seasonably cool. I think the only game that wasn't ideal was VT, correct?
My fifth year as a season ticket holder, and I'd say this has been the best one yet weather-wise. And for a non-traditional football power like Wake, that stuff is very important when it comes ot how much enjoyment the season brings.

The run of weather we've had in W-S for the last three months has been remarkable, actually. Beautiful weather with a handful of decent rains, I'm not sure we've had more than a handful of ugly days since Labor Day.

Saturday's forecast is for a high of 63, btw.

Assuming Saturday's good forecast holds, this season's 7 home games have been almost perfect for football and tailgating. No rain, and the September games were not too hot and the November games seasonably cool. I think the only game that wasn't ideal was VT, correct?
My fifth year as a season ticket holder, and I'd say this has been the best one yet weather-wise. And for a non-traditional football power like Wake, that stuff is very important when it comes ot how much enjoyment the season brings.

One of the things that I loved about Winston-Salem was that it actually had all 4 season, as opposed to my little corner of SC now. Even in W-S though, August and September were brutally hot. I think it was the Clemson game my freshman year (Gaines Adams...), an inordinate number of people passed out from heat stroke or dehydration.

Would have loved to have been in school this year. Sounds the weather has been great and W-S has enjoyed 3 months of fall

We've been pretty fortunate the past couple of years. Haven't had to break out the canopy at all since the 2009 season. I think it was 2007 when it rained for like every single home game.

One of the things that I loved about Winston-Salem was that it actually had all 4 season, as opposed to my little corner of SC now. Even in W-S though, August and September were brutally hot. I think it was the Clemson game my freshman year (Gaines Adams...), an inordinate number of people passed out from heat stroke or dehydration.

Would have loved to have been in school this year. Sounds the weather has been great and W-S has enjoyed 3 months of fall

You must be remembering the Nebraska game in 2007. The Gaines Adams game was in 2006 and it was overcast and unusually cool.

You must be remembering the Nebraska game in 2007. The Gaines Adams game was in 2006 and it was overcast and unusually cool.

The two "bad" weather games I recall were both bad on the field as well:
The NE game with the late INT in the endzone (brutal heat), and the Navy game where a win would have set up a meeting of ranked Wake and Clemson the next Thursday on ESPN (drizzle/mist, but not that bad except we lost the game. One of our linemen got toosed on the first series for unsportsmanlike conduct IIRC). By the way, we did end up beating Clemson the next week; great atmosphere but would have been greater if had been nationally ranked.

Last edited:
The two "bad" weather games I recall were both bad on the field as well:
The NE game with the late INT in the endzone (brutal heat), and the Navy game where a win would have set up a meeting of ranked Wake and Clemson the next Thursday on ESPN (drizzle/mist, but not that bad except we lost the game. One of our linemen got toosed on the first series for unsportsmanlike conduct IIRC). By the way, we did end up beating Clemson the next week; great atmosphere but would have been greater if had been nationally ranked.

The Navy game you are thinking of was in 2008.

The navy game up in Annapolis a couple years ago was the worst weather I jaw ever been in for a football game. Borderline hurricane

Now that you mention it, I think you're right. I remembered that it was a pretty large away crowd, which contributed to the overcrowding and running out of water at the concession stands. Hey, alcohol was involved, what can I say

The navy game up in Annapolis a couple years ago was the worst weather I jaw ever been in for a football game. Borderline hurricane

I was there too, that weather was just absurd. My group was in the front rows of the upper deck and there was no drainage. We had to stand on the bleachers because there was like 5 inches of standing water.

Yeah, this year has been pretty great football weather.

Back