• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tough loss

DeaconBoss

Reaction score
Team played hard...would like to see the final lineup play more minutes sans Carson. In this years ACC we can win some games

Team played tough and will learn to win. There is hope but we need big men, fast. I hope Ty can be at least serviceable.

I'm starting to think Chase might be legit. Wish we could have got him going earlier. Anyway, hope our guys don't get down on themselves. Keep playing hard and good things will happen. Saw a lot of positives tonight. Probably gonna be a tough season but I like the guys we've got.

I was impressed with the way these guys playing tonight. wish we would've found a way to pull it out at the end, but Dayton made every 3 at the end of the game. Tough break, but impressed with the teams play.

Big test for the coach to keep the guys focused for tomorrow. It is just one loss, don't let tonight mean two losses tomorrow.

Big test for the coach to keep the guys focused for tomorrow. It is just one loss, don't let tonight mean two losses tomorrow.

Exactly...my money says were playing ASU tomorrow...gotta go 2 for 3 down in Mickeyland

I really hope Ty can come back with a good attitude and at least be serviceable. We need another body down low badly, even if it's not a great basketball player.

Travis... I don't know what to say. Total stud. Superstar who is willing to take charges and play D. I feel awful that the decisive turnover was his. He doesn't deserve that.

Best I've seen Tony C play, sans his play down the stretch.

Chase is a stud, but he's going to have to adjust because he won't be anonymous in ACC play. Can he get his own shot? Will we run plays to get him off screens?

For the first time in 10 years, we have a team that actually might overachieve.

There are a ton of flaws: they are extremely weak in the middle, have no depth off the bench, McKie is an undersized 4, not a 3, and Chennault is nowhere near being an ACC-level PG, but the positives are they play like a real team, instead of a bunch of prima donnas and showboaters, which is what we've had for most of the past several years.

I enjoyed watching them tonight much more than a bunch of the games we won during the Gaudio era. Fun seeing a real team again.

Last edited:
Chase is a stud, but he's going to have to adjust because he won't be anonymous in ACC play. Can he get his own shot? Will we run plays to get him off screens?

I hope [Redacted] paid attention to what Duke did with JJ before his senior year with the double screen along the endline. That will free up Chase if run properly.

For the first time in 10 years, we have a team that actually might overachieve.

There are extremely weak in the middle, have no depth off the bench, McKie is an undersized 4, not a 3, and Chennault has a whole lot to learn to be an ACC-level PG, but they play like a real team, instead of a bunch of prima donnas and showboaters, which is what we've had for most of the past several years.

I enjoyed watching them tonight much more than a bunch of the games we won during the Gaudio era. Fun seeing a real team again.

QFT

Yeah I said halfway through the game go to a three guard lineup with Travis and Nikita and it worked. Carson is a poison right now. He's bad on offense, bad on defense, and can't rebound. Bench him when Green and Nikita aren't in foul trouble.

good game. we got worked inside by a crappy center, but other than that it was a solid effort. we've got a bunch of great ACC role players, just need a star or two (aside from mckie) to be really competitive.

good game. we got worked inside by a crappy center, but other than that it was a solid effort. we've got a bunch of great ACC role players, just need a star or two (aside from mckie) to be really competitive.

Yeah that wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been. I was pretty pleased.

I'm starting to think Chase might be legit. Wish we could have got him going earlier. Anyway, hope our guys don't get down on themselves. Keep playing hard and good things will happen. Saw a lot of positives tonight. Probably gonna be a tough season but I like the guys we've got.

Starting?

We'll be fine. I didn't like the inability of the team to work to get Fisher shots in the last 10 minutes, and I didn't like the fact we went straight motion on the possession at 35 seconds left.

We are a train wreck defensively and on the boards, but we seem to at least hustle.

I dont usually talk shit about our own players but Carson is really terrible. I did not see one positive out of him tonight, nor have I seen a lick of progress in his game since last year. Gonna be a long year in the paint unless Ty comes back with an entirely new mindset.

If Travis has next level ambitions he needs to work on his arc.

This team is so much better than last year. Is it just me or do they look really well-coached?

The ball movement this year compared to last year is a HUGE improvement. I was pleasantly surprised with what I saw for a young team at this point in the season.

If Travis has next level ambitions he needs to work on his arc.

This team is so much better than last year. Is it just me or do they look really well-coached?

I think they know exactly what to do on offense. Defense will be key over the next couple years.

The ball movement this year compared to last year is a HUGE improvement. I was pleasantly surprised with what I saw for a young team at this point in the season.

Cav is killing it today I would posrep you again but I need to spread it around and there aren't enough good posts to do so.

Back