• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

This team plus...

DeaconBoss

Reaction score
Songaila Is a tourney team...man...really need a low post option on offense

Yeah, I know people will contest this and bitch and argue, but Tony Woods on this team would make us a force.

Yeah, I know people will contest this and bitch and argue, but Tony Woods on this team would make us a force.

Would help...but I am talking about a big man with a btb offensive game...someone to get us a bucket when the shots ain't falling

We've got a lot riding on Devin next year. We could be a good team if he can be an impact player.

I certainly hope that's the last time I ever see Tony Woods indirectly compared to Darius Songaila.

At any rate, maybe Devin Thomas can be a scoring option in addition to a beast on the boards.

I am so stoked for next season.

I want a senior year Kyle Visser, that would = at least a deep NIT run, imo.

Do most people agree that Carson will be a much better player when he is at the 4 instead of the 5? His passing and short range shooting should benefit from playing away from the basket.

Do most people agree that Carson will be a much better player when he is at the 4 instead of the 5? His passing and short range shooting should benefit from playing away from the basket.

I hear this a lot but I'm not sure where it's coming from. Carson does some things well, but he doesn't play close to the basket in our offense now and is not very productive. He's doesn't run the floor that well, he's not a good rebounder and appears to be mediocre as an overall defender. Those issues don't change based on his position.

I'm just stunned that he 'gives way' as much as he does... the kid has absolute tree trunks for legs & hasn't given much height away to anybody he's faced so far this year (or last).

He might have gained upper-body strength but there's something else missing to make him an effective 5 (or 4, for that matter) at this level.

He's got the physical tools so hopefully something clicks because he's an easy guy to pull for.

Carson is a cream puff out there. They need to find a way to get him angry about something. He plays like he's 5'2''

The whole team is pretty easy to like right now. It's just a shame that we're so deficient in the low post.

Nah mang, Kyle was a beast his senior year. Plus the ACC is really weak this year.

i agree with both of those points. i still don't think we'd be a mid-tier NIT with visser though. we do not have even one solid front court player right now.

i agree with both of those points. i still don't think we'd be a mid-tier NIT with visser though. we do not have even one solid front court player right now.

Yeah. Senior year Viss' team wasn't even an NIT team.

If Devin is as advertised, we could be pretty good by mid-next season. Something I am looking forward to is watching Moto and Tree play the wings together and close down the opposition on defense.

Back