• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

SEC Championship Game/BCS Play In Game v2.0

Liquid Karma

Eat a dick, hackers!
Staff member
Reaction score
We already saw v1.0 of this game when LSU and Bama played the latest iteration of the "game of the century" a few weeks ago. Version 3.0 is next week.

I hate the fucker, but Bobby Petrino is one hell of a college football coach.

If this is half as good as the '07 post-Thanksgiving game when LSU was #1, we're in for a fun afternoon.

If this is half as good as the '07 post-Thanksgiving game when LSU was #1, we're in for a fun afternoon.

True dat. Let Chaos reign.

That team had "humanity advanced" playing for them.

My own personal wish for chaos:

Arkansas wins today
Auburn beats Bama
UGA beats Arkansas

Arky - LSU should get a lot more run as a great rivalry game.

still nothing says college football to me like the CBS opening music

that game in 2007 was as good as it gets. i specifically remember gary danielson doing color on that game as if he were in the huddles. one of the teams would get in a formation and he would instantly know what they liked to run in that formation and how the opposing defense would react, etc.

That was the most perfect punt I've ever seen. My goodness.

that game in 2007 was as good as it gets. i specifically remember gary danielson doing color on that game as if he were in the huddles. one of the teams would get in a formation and he would instantly know what they liked to run in that formation and how the opposing defense would react, etc.

i remember someone from the old board posting afterward that Danielson had a "career day" as a broadcaster. I thought the same thing - he was amazingly well-prepared.

In spite of that loss LSU still went on to win the national title.

So if LSU were to lose today what are the chances they play in the BCS title game?

There would be quite a few ways for LSU to get into the BCS title game.

1) A close loss today that only drops them to #2 in the BCS, with Arkansas jumping them to #1 and Bama #3. In that scenario LSU would pretty much be locked into the BCS title game as they wouldn't have to play in the SEC title game.

2) A loss that drops them to #3 in the BCS. UGA beats either Arky or Bama in the BCS title game, allowing LSU to move back up to #2 and have a rematch against the 3rd SEC west team that didn't play in the SEC championship.

3) A loss today coupled with a Bama loss to Auburn.

Wow. Another sick punt.

Remember the Arkansas punter a few years ago who did that weird bow/salute thing? My friends and I used to love watching their games for him.

big third down sack for Arkansas.

Arkansas doing ok on field position, but hasn't moved it much yet.

That was such a weird season. I guess it was WVU's choke job against Pitt that got LSU back in the picture.

Missouri was ranked #1 the week following the LSU loss to Arkansas with WVU #2. Missouri shat the bed at home vs Oklahoma, and WVU shat the bed at home vs. Pitt.

Back