• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ron Wellman

deacvision7

Mod Emeritus
Reaction score
What the fuck have you done with our once proud basketball program? It is in utter shambles right now due to your decisions since Skip's tragic death.

Has Mr Wellman made one good decision about the flagship program of Wake Forest athletics since Skip Prosser died?

Thank you Ron Wellman!

How long before Ron pulls the plug on the bzz experiment? I think even the more reserved fans have seen enough. The product wake puts on the court is depressing.

I don't know how Wellman gets a pass for this shit show. It might be best if bzz and Wellman move on down the road, sooner rather than later.

Wellman has screwed the pooch and Bzzz was perhaps the biggest screw job the Wake fan base that Wake fans have been exposed to in the last 40 years.

Is it reasonable to ask for Wellman to be fired? He really screwed things up.

The stunning improvement of the football program/facilities outweighs a lot... but for me; him turning his head & continuing his "couldn't be happier" campaign for this train-wreck for another year would be inexcusable.

The ONLY thing keeping Wellman's ass out of the fire is Jim Grobe.

This is an interesting question. A more interesting question is whether there is any chance that Mr. Wellman is ever going to fire his buddy? To me it seems like Mr. Wellman has tied himself directly and to Coach [Redacted]. He rolled the dice and he has come up craps. [Redacted] isn't going anywhere unless/until there are changes made in our athletic department.

My question is: Is there any scenario in Mr. Wellman's mind which he would view as an unacceptable season result for our team? Right now - I think he is "entirely satisfied" with the direction of the basketball program - because that is what he told us last year. That seems very sad to me. Our flagship program has been in disarray for the last 2.5 years. Enough is enough.

This is an interesting question. A more interesting question is whether there is any chance that Mr. Wellman is ever going to fire his buddy? To me it seems like Mr. Wellman has tied himself directly and to Coach [Redacted]. He rolled the dice and he has come up craps. [Redacted] isn't going anywhere unless/until there are changes made in our athletic department.

My question is: Is there any scenario in Mr. Wellman's mind which he would view as an unacceptable season result for our team? Right now - I think he is "entirely satisfied" with the direction of the basketball program - because that is what he told us last year. That seems very sad to me. Our flagship program has been in disarray for the last 2.5 years. Enough is enough.

Sorry, just struck me as the perfect word choice.

I think he should at least be put on watch for this completely ridiculous basketball hire. An outright firing is probably too much for Ron. Bzzz on the other hand deserved to get fired about 10 months ago. He's clearly in way over his head given the state of our B-Ball program

We have 8 scholarship players. We played a hard fought game last night. Not our best showing today, and you'd like to think young kids could bounce back, but we simply had no legs tonight. No shots fell. It happens.

Going to be a long year and everyone knows it, but we have a top 10 class coming in next year and these kids are learning how to play the game.

Hoops seems to be going in the right direction (though few have the patience to wait), football team had a good year (could have been better, but much better than anyone except Lectro predicted coming in). Then there are the soccer and field hockey teams (down year, because only one of the 3 teams is likely to make the final four). Let's fire Wellman, he's terrible. Grobe sucks, Vidovich is aweful, Buzz can't recruit, the sky is falling.

Last edited:
I think he should at least be put on watch for this completely ridiculous basketball hire. An outright firing is probably too much for Ron. Bzzz on the other hand deserved to get fired about 10 months ago. He's clearly in way over his head given the state of our B-Ball program

No. No, it's not.

Either alumni and fans want to clean this shit-hole of a program up or they don't.

Wellman turned around the football program with a perfect hire in Grobe but this basketball hire was atrocious. He should admit he fucked up, fire Bzz and get one more shot at another coach. If he screws that up and messes up the hire after Grobe, can him. Either way he's been a solid AD, he may just be past his expiration date.

The sudden death of our basketball coach may have hurt our basketball program. Just a thought.

Wellman is a great AD.

Last edited:
Back