• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball Coach

hoopla

Reaction score
If Bzzz was asked to leave, who would be your dream/ideal new coach? I would say Billy Donovan (why would he come here) and Tubby Smith.

If Bzzz was asked to leave, who would be your dream/ideal new coach? I would say Billy Donovan (why would he come here) and Tubby Smith.

I think you find someone like Greg Marshall or groce at Ohio (but tubby would be nice)

Tubby comes with way too much baggage, IMO. He'd probably also only be here for five years max. Give me Brad Stevens all day every single day. That dude can coach, and he's got an appeal for a lot of high flight recruits.

Brad Stevens...

Back to reality... I wish Rusty came in under a competent coach; I would have loved to have see him achieve immediate success in the college ranks and be groomed to take over the WF program.

If you are being incredibly unrealistic and choosing Billy Donovan is your number one why is Tubby your number two? Why not Jay Wright or Tom Izzo or Coach K?

Stevens had the opportunity to be our coach and said no.

No coach would be better. However, if the seat has to be filled, anyone would be an upgrade over what is currently occupying it.

Vince Lombardi.

This is always a fun exercise.

If you ask someone about another school the way roy was, that is the response you'd get.

Stevens is not interested in being Wake's coach. It's just that simple.

I know it probably wouldn't work out but I'd love to see Randolph given a chance. And yes, I realize I'm probably the only person who feels that way. But I'd love if Bz is offered an NBA job next week and Wellman goes ahead and puts Randolph in charge and we end up having a decent season. And Randolph is a successful coach at Wake. That's my dream.

Jeff Battle with Rusty, Walt, and Dix as the assistants. Randolph becomes the DOBO.

BTW, Butler is 3-2 inlcuding a 2 point win over Gardner-Webb........

Back