• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

post game comments?

Bz's comments: Couldn't make threes, didn't make the shots we had at the rim, can't let our poor shooting affect our effort on the defensive end, didn't get back on D, we have to rebound... the usual coaching laments after a blowout loss.

"We ate a gigantic turkey dinner 15 minutes before the start of the game. Maybe that wasn't a good idea"

No problem with his bland comments tonight. I was left just as uninspired by them as the team was left uninspired by his words both to start the game and out of the half.

Buzz ball.

Dean Smith, Coach K, Wooden and Phil Jackson combined, couldn't have kept this team within 30 of ASU.

No bigs and our shooters couldn't buy a basket.

Shit happens and it's going to happen a lot this year...and keep happening until we get someone in the middle who makes a difference.

If our shooters go cold, we are screwed.

Buzz Tewbow'ing.

http://img.fannation.com/upload/truth_rumor/photo_upload/262/512/full/Jeff-[Redacted].jpg

Buzz "Bzzing"

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.aolnews.com/media/2010/11/jeff-[Redacted].jpg

Buzz. At least he looks smart.

bzdelik200.jpg

Reality is that we have four players.

CJ and McKie are starters for mid-level ACC programs. Fields and Chase have the potential to be ACC level players.

The rest of the team adds little.

- Chenault is a tough Philly kid and has been playing and leading a long time. He will not get much better. He can't shoot and has limited quicks. He would be a good 4th guard on a good team. Not the answer.

- DeRossiers - Joke. No strength. At least two years away from being a finese role player when signed.

- Nikita - back to reality with his shot. He has to be put in his place and do what he can do.

- Green - Who knows. He can move but is so raw. He should be the 13th recruit on a decent team and an absolute redshirt.

That's it - we don't have shit. Buzz did recruit two of our four players after a terrible year. We are moving much better than last year but unless everything is going in - we just have no answers.

Can't blame this mess on Buzz but I do believe he could add some intensity here. I think he is just trying to focus on the longer term and we all should too.

CJ and McKie are starters for mid-level ACC programs. Fields and Chase have the potential to be ACC level players.

- Chenault is a tough Philly kid and has been playing and leading a long time. He will not get much better. He can't shoot and has limited quicks. He would be a good 4th guard on a good team. Not the answer.

- DeRossiers - Joke. No strength. At least two years away from being a finese role player when signed.

- Nikita - back to reality with his shot. He has to be put in his place and do what he can do.

- Green - Who knows. He can move but is so raw. He should be the 13th recruit on a decent team and an absolute redshirt.

That's it - we don't have shit. Buzz did recruit two of our four players after a terrible year. We are moving much better than last year but unless everything is going in - we just have no answers.

Can't blame this mess on Buzz but I do believe he could add some intensity here. I think he is just trying to focus on the longer term and we all should too.

No he didn't. All three committed before the 2010-2011 season began. Also, Chennault and DesRosiers definitely have ACC potential.

Travis would start for every team in the ACC other than Carowhina this year and be a top scorer. The only reason whe wouldn't start for Carowhina is netheir he nor Barnes can play SG. Thus Barnes would start over him.

So, this:

Dean Smith, Coach K, Wooden and Phil Jackson combined, couldn't have kept this team within 30 of ASU.

Travis would start for every team in the ACC other than Carowhina this year and be a top scorer. The only reason whe wouldn't start for Carowhina is netheir he nor Barnes can play SG. Thus Barnes would start over him.

TC is a bust, no?

TC is a decent back-up PG. I thought he'd be a decent starter.

We only had 10 turnovers. Last year we would've had 20. The ball movement on offense is obviously better. We're still very bad at rebounding. When your shots aren't falling like last night, you especially can't allow the other team to shoot 60% or you will get blown out. Oh and never play Brooks Goodwin ever again.

Back