• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NBA owners and players reach tentative agreement to end lockout

I am glad my aging Mavs get to defend their championship before the guys are all in wheelchairs

Who cares? Hard to really enjoy the NBA until the playoffs IMHO

This song goes out to my main man, not to mention fellow ELO fan, BKF. :p

Not really. I never entertained any real hope that a settlement would not be reached. One had to know that money & greed would rule the day in the end. It doesn't take 20/20 vision to see that players, who stood to lose an average salary that is 100x what they would be making anywhere else, would eventually come to their senses and sign any agreement placed before them once it became absolutely certain without any doubt that the owners were not going to budge....because even after massive concessions they will still be making many, many times what they should be getting. It is a simple matter to draw up a statement claiming that the owners made some additional concessions somewhere in order for them to save face in the media.....but make no mistake, this was the biggest beatdown in the history of sports labor negotiations since Curt Flood. The sad thing is, as I said, that even after this huge financial defeat, the players will still be obscenely overpaid.

I'm sure that strip clubs, gun shops, tattoo parlors, exotic car dealers and civil defense & paternity attorneys thruout major cities in the country are breathing a sigh of relief. This is definitely an early Christmas present for them.

It really has no effect on me, though. I didn't watch any NBA games before the lockout, and I won't be watching any as a result of it being settled. The biggest affect the NBA has had on me over the last several years is that it has also killed most of my interest in college basketball as well.

will you stop posting about it?

BKF, you rip the players for making too much, yet simultaneously rip them for the "beat down" they took by accepting less money? The latter point seems to negate the legitimacy of the former. Shouldn't you just be happy they're making less?

What they're making is what the next 6 years' market will bear. That's capitalism.

BKF, you rip the players for making too much, yet simultaneously rip them for the "beat down" they took by accepting less money? The latter point seems to negate the legitimacy of the former. Shouldn't you just be happy they're making less?

What they're making is what the next 6 years' market will bear. That's capitalism.

They're making a price that a cartel dictated.

I told Cumberland about three weeks ago that if the NBA knew what they were doing they'd start the season on Christmas and have everyone play.

Who knows? The better question is don't you have more important things to worry about this morning than whether or not I will be posting on a chatboard?

if i did, i wouldn't be on here posting.

Possible enhancement to the vBulletin software: the thread starter can choose to exclude up to 3 posters from being able to comment on their thread.

Thoughts?

Back