• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Maryland- NC State

KeEpEr

Resident Troll
Reaction score
Most of our fans seem to be pulling for Maryland but a Maryland win would cost us a pile of money.

Yeah, but I'd rather play a bowl game anywhere but Shreveport. We'd have a poor showing there for sure, which would only hurt us more in future bowl selections.

Did it take you a week to figure this out, or did you just wait a week to post it? Either way, it's just like you to pull for more ACC bowl teams over Wake going to a better bowl.

Who cares. Thousands and thousands more Deacon fans will get to enjoy a bowl game if Maryland wins.

The ACC financial component does concern me for the second half officiating though.

Not really. Most of the lesser bowls are pretty much net breakevens.

Even if the ACC nets $400K, divided by 12 thats $33K a team.

I would rather have a better bowl spot.

I will send the Deacon Club our lost share if you never post again.

Could someone quickly explain the financial implications of this? Is the thought that NC State at a higher ranked bowl nets more ACC money, which gets split around the conference?

If that's the case, then I'll gladly forego whatever Wake's cut of that is - maybe 300k? - for a better bowl game.

Did it take you a week to figure this out, or did you just wait a week to post it? Either way, it's just like you to pull for more ACC bowl teams over Wake going to a better bowl.

Who says we can't go to a better bowl than Independence? We could go to any except Orange if certain games play out that way today. Think big!!

Could someone quickly explain the financial implications of this? Is the thought that NC State at a higher ranked bowl nets more ACC money, which gets split around the conference?

If that's the case, then I'll gladly forego whatever Wake's cut of that is - maybe 300k? - for a better bowl game.

Total bowl money is shared equally. With a State loss we only have seven bowl teams. With a State win we have eight. We also will share the cost that the ACC will owe a bowl with Miami's decision.

Who says we can't go to a better bowl than Independence? We could go to any except Orange if certain games play out that way today. Think big!!

This is moronic and does nothing to contribute to your original point. Par for the course for you, troll.

Total bowl money is shared equally. With a State loss we only have seven bowl teams. With a State win we have eight. We also will share the cost that the ACC will owe a bowl with Miami's decision.

I understand this, but would State be precluded from going to a bowl today? They'd have six wins, but I also realize they'd have a losing ACC record.

This is moronic and does nothing to contribute to your original point. Par for the course for you, troll.

You don't think big enough. Why can't we make one of the bigger bowls?

I understand this, but would State be precluded from going to a bowl today? They'd have six wins, but I also realize they'd have a losing ACC record.

Two of their six wins (Liberty and South Alabama) are not over FBS teams. They are not bowl eligible without winning today.

You don't think big enough. Why can't we make one of the bigger bowls?

Has nothing to do with how I think. Has everything to do with how Bowl Execs think.

Tell you what, Keep: if Maryland holds on, and Wake doesn't make Sun Bowl or higher, you don't post here for a month. Wake goes Sun or higher, and I'll do the same. Deal?

Has nothing to do with how I think. Has everything to do with how Bowl Execs think.

Tell you what, Keep: if Maryland holds on, and Wake doesn't make Sun Bowl or higher, you don't post here for a month. Wake goes Sun or higher, and I'll do the same. Deal?

Reiterated, because this is a great deal for you. According to your own logic, that any bowl except Orange could take us, you have a 60% chance of winning the bet, while I only have 40. So you'll do it, right?

Looks like Md is going to screw the pooch and not help POWF

Come to think of it, the Maryland result doesn't matter. Should really serve to strengthen your point. So come on ,Keep. Pull the trigger. Remember: 60-40. Or 50-50 if Md chokes.

Back