• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jordan Williams to enter NBA Draft

Deacsfan27

Reaction score
According to The Recruit Scoop.

This on the heels of Iman Shumpert declaring and not hiring an agent. Not good for the conference, but good for Wake in terms of possibly not finishing last next year.

Maryland is going to be ungood next year if Williams doesn't come back (idk if he had an agent or not)

They have Mosley back, as well as Stoglin and Howard. They add Nick Faust (top 100 SG) but then lose Bowie, Tucker, Gregory, and now Williams too.

Wow...they're going to be bad.

Interesting decision.

Definitely an example of taking advantage of a weak draft and some top players staying around in fear of a lockout.

Maryland is going to be ungood next year if Williams doesn't come back (idk if he had an agent or not)

They have Mosley back, as well as Stoglin and Howard. They add Nick Faust (top 100 SG) but then lose Bowie, Tucker, Gregory, and now Williams too.

Maybe we'll keep it within 15 next year!

The ACC is going to be very bad with Wake, Tech and BC already, even if Shumpert and Jackson do stay. If Maryland loses Jordan Williams it really hurts them.

For the first time ever, I actually care about the success of other ACC programs. If Wake is ever gonna dig itself out of this hole, the reputation of the conference needs to stay in tact to help lure recruits (and maybe a new coach).

And those are reasons why I've always been an ACC homer.

He's gone. FML. The race for 12th is on.

With Duke and UNC as staples, the ACC will always garner respect.

Deserved or not is another question.

To be fair, Bowie and Tucker are kind of an addition by subtraction situation. We're still gonna be terrible tho.

Jordan could really use another year, considering he's basically an undersized center at this point (and would be undersized even as a 4 at the NBA level). He has no floor or midrange game, and his offense consists solely of putbacks against smaller players. His FT shooting is also abysmal. He slimmed down a ton from his FR to his SO year; with another summer of similar conditioning and improvement, he could be a mid to late 1st rounder.

As it is now, I'd be surprised if he ends up anything other than a 2nd rounder. Not enough height or skills to be drafted any higher as an NBA forward.

Rumors are that he hasn't been going to class for weeks. I'm assuming he's gone and not coming back. I'd like to see him do well, but I have a feeling he'll get to be seeing the sights of Iowa and other D-League locales instead.

Jordan could really use another year, considering he's basically an undersized center at this point (and would be undersized even as a 4 at the NBA level). He has no floor or midrange game, and his offense consists solely of putbacks against smaller players. His FT shooting is also abysmal. He slimmed down a ton from his FR to his SO year; with another summer of similar conditioning and improvement, he could be a mid to late 1st rounder.

As it is now, I'd be surprised if he ends up anything other than a 2nd rounder. Not enough height or skills to be drafted any higher as an NBA forward.

There are reports that he pretty much stopped going to class in the middle of his double double streak when it looked like he would be a 1st round pick this year. But I think that pretty much everyone agrees with your assessment. Maryland and Jordan Williams would be better off if he stayed.

I don't get why kids would stop going to classes halfway through a semester. Get those credits in the book while they are free. Especially if you are borderline first round talent. Very stupid decision, if true.

I don't get why kids would stop going to classes halfway through a semester. Get those credits in the book while they are free. Especially if you are borderline first round talent. Very stupid decision, if true.

Gotta load up on those UMD HES classes!

The ACC is going to be very bad with Wake, Tech and BC already, even if Shumpert and Jackson do stay. If Maryland loses Jordan Williams it really hurts them.

I don't know why you think we're going to be bad. Next year, we won't have names on the back of the jerseys.

It's especially funny since he said the reason he picked UMD was because the criminology department (not exactly a challenging major, but still) was ranked #1 in the country.

It's foolish for any of us to think that athletes in the revenue sports really pick a school for academics. They say that stuff because they know it sounds good and its the right thing to say, but most of them would never be able to sniff the caliber of school they attend if not for their athletic skill.

There are reports that he pretty much stopped going to class in the middle of his double double streak when it looked like he would be a 1st round pick this year. But I think that pretty much everyone agrees with your assessment. Maryland and Jordan Williams would be better off if he stayed.

ESPN reports that he's not going to sign with an agent.

It's foolish for any of us to think that athletes in the revenue sports really pick a school for academics. They say that stuff because they know it sounds good and its the right thing to say, but most of them would never be able to sniff the caliber of school they attend if not for their athletic skill.

That's true in most cases but Wake has lost a few recruits in the past that wanted to major in engineering (a major we don't have). Of course, once they get there and see how hard it is to major in they change their minds.

Back