• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Grobe and CO Shameful (socaldeac's thoughts thread)

socaldeac

Reaction score
He is officially two games away from .500 for a twenty year career. The last three years have seen a pattern of being out coached. It is time to upgrade the coach much like how we have upgraded the stadium, recruiting, the academic programs.

We now pay a coach $3M plus a year. And, history is clear he will provide a .500 record.

Can you think of any other coach in any other program so revered for winning 1/2 his games over a career?

Grobe is not above reproach, and I think lobo bears a lot of the criticism that should go to Grobe. That being said, this thread is just plain dumb.

Randy Edsall and Jim Grobe 30 years of .500

They have similar track records of mediocrity. They are barely over .500 for their respective careers. They also both have had one good season where they went to a BCS bowl.

What is amazing is the market will pay $3M for this kind of crappy coaching.

He is officially two games away from .500 for a twenty year career. The last three years have seen a pattern of being out coached. It is time to upgrade the coach much like how we have upgraded the stadium, recruiting, the academic programs.

We now pay a coach $3M plus a year. And, history is clear he will provide a .500 record.

Can you think of any other coach in any other program so revered for winning 1/2 his games over a career?

Butch Davis comes to mind.

Welcome to the board socal! I've always enjoyed your posts and was wondering where you've been. Yeah, you've tended to go against the grain when it comes to Grobe and manage to upset people but that's a good thing IMO. Stick around- just make sure you have a thick skin!

Grobe Post Game Thread Comments

The men did not come out to play it was humbling.
We will need to get our energy back if we want to have a chance in a bowl.
I take the blame on this one. The coaches need to coach better and we have got to get the young men ready to play better, we must have underestimated the break.
We got lots to work on over the break.
Very impressed with a talented Vandy team.
Blah blah blah

How about.

I'm one luck mother to make $3M bills a year for this type of garbage.
I'm glad I didn't take the Arkansas job because my days would be numbered just like Nutts are once again.
Lobo is a clown.
Maybe I should get angry?

Please add your quotes to the thread?

I strongly disagree with the op about getting rid of Grobe but today was a total ass whooping, at least for the Deacs. The MD game was kind of competitive- though once State started coming back you knew MD was gonna lose. Kind of like that feeling you had when Syracuse started coming back on us, only a much bigger collapse.

I know Grobe makes a lot and is one of the highest paid college coaches but he doesn't make that much does he?

Seriously, can a mod consolidate this douche's threads?

Back