• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

O-line play

Bubble Boy

Reaction score
When does sub-par O-line play become unacceptable? It seems that there is a new excuse every year. "They aren't big enough ... they are too big and not fast enough ... they aren't mean enough ... they are too young ... etc." "Next year our o-line play should be better". At some point you have to question either the coaching or the recruiting. Either way, something needs to improve.

I would love it if our OLine play was just sub-par, that would be improvement.

Next year will be better.

Why? Lobo has not had an OL since 2006, why would you think 2012 will be different than the last 5 years? Blind hope is the only thing I can think of. If the guys on the sidelines are better than the seniors they would be playing.

Why? Lobo has not had an OL since 2006, why would you think 2012 will be different than the last 5 years? Blind hope is the only thing I can think of. If the guys on the sidelines are better than the seniors they would be playing.

Actually knowing some of our redshirt and true freshmen, I can tell you they are as big(or bigger), more athletic and more importantly, have a different attitude. Don't be surprised to see them in a few scuffles .

They seemed to have the run blocking going very early but Tanner was under fire most of the game, not that he played great either.

I wonder what percentage of our running plays this year went for less than 3 yards. My bet is at least 70%. It seems that our running goes something like this:

Gain of 1 yard
Lose 3 yards
Gain 2 yards
Gain 0 yards
Gain 8 yards
Lose 2 yards
Gain 0 yards

And don't get me started on the inability to pick up first downs on 3rd and/or 4th and short.

Actually knowing some of our redshirt and true freshmen, I can tell you they are as big(or bigger), more athletic and more importantly, have a different attitude. Don't be surprised to see them in a few scuffles .

How much did they play this year? Could have used some players like that.

I don't think Chase being out of the game tonight helped the cause any.

If they are that good they should have worked into the games some, so maybe they are not, On the other hand, we don't like to substitute so maybe it is a coaching thing. No wonder we dont have depth.

Or maybe they are all in the dog house like Josh Harris.

Find out next year.

I liked the way Vandy ran OL in out all game and got a lot of people involved.

Actually Colin Summers played in the last two until getting hurt last week. I agree with dcon69 that they should have played more.

Roy should call a timeout in my opinion. I think one of his faults is that too often he lets his team get behind in a shoot out when a timeout could be used to slow things down and reset his team. That said, fuck the heels. Go Rebels.

Back