• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Drop Vandy Series

diverdeac

Reaction score
This made for ESPN so we can put $ in the till game does nothing. It looks like it could be BUT will never be a rivalary game. We just will not hate Vandy - ever.

It is terrible for the weekend after thanksgiving. - terrible. No emotion in the game. - flat

Our scheduling is very difficult I know but this one, although not a bad idea for a series, and a good try does not work for us.

Tulane, Northwestern, Vandy, Rice, Baylor, SMU - rotate 2, and play them early - and play Amy Navy every year. This one makes no sense the last game.

It's not made for ESPN. We're lucky it gets on TV.

Why? We beat them 4 out of the last 5. Plus, Vandy has to play somebody the weekend before the SEC Championship. SEC rule

I like the series. We aren't gonna get anyone for this weekend that will excite the team and/or fans. I would rather finish conference play early.

It's not made for ESPN. We're lucky it gets on TV.

under the new tv deal I'm sure this series is looked at in a positive manner. We could play 2 cupcakes every year like everybody else.

Grobe's interview in the poop sheet talks alot about our scheduling difficulties vs. the other big schools. We have to play any decent team home and home.

Syracuse and Vandy - we had to get one of those two, and then Notre Dame. Too tough a schedule for us but you've got to take the ND game.

I don't mind the series, but it sucks as the last regular season game. End the season with a game that matters, not a forced contrived alleged rivalry.

I would like us to play another easier OOC game.

made for ESPN? You honestly think ESPN cares if Wake pplays Vandy? ESPN wants no part of putting this game on TV. This game will never get ratings...

First, we're not playing for a national championship anytime soon, so playing a couple of out of conference games against bottom tier BCS schools is not going to hurt us. Second, our tier of bowl is effected by our conference record, so winning or losing this game doesn't change a thing. A bowl is going to always take NC State over us. Third, the attendance would be even worse if we were playing Gardner Webb this weekend.

It's good for the program to get games against other BCS conference schools because they generally get picked up by ESPN which ultimately helps us recruit. We just have to win the games more often than not.

I would like us to play another easier OOC game.

Exactly there is no excuse for us going 1-3 OOC. We should take the Duke approach until we build up our team rep. Tulane, 1 FCS, Army, and CUSA MAC team.

First, we're not playing for a national championship anytime soon, so playing a couple of out of conference games against bottom tier BCS schools is not going to hurt us. Second, our tier of bowl is effected by our conference record, so winning or losing this game doesn't change a thing. A bowl is going to always take NC State over us. Third, the attendance would be even worse if we were playing Gardner Webb this weekend.

It's good for the program to get games against other BCS conference schools because they generally get picked up by ESPN which ultimately helps us recruit. We just have to win the games more often than not.

When are you people going to understand that attendance is based on winning 75% of the time not opponent. If we started playing easier out of conference teams and started winning 7 or 8 every year our attendance would naturally increase and so would our prestige.

Exactly there is no excuse for us going 1-3 OOC. We should take the Duke approach until we build up our team rep. Tulane, 1 FCS, Army, and CUSA MAC team.

then we'd get the "our schedule sucks" whining. No win situation.

Solution: don't peter out against the Cuse and show the hell up against Vandy. Then we wouldnt be crying like two year olds that our schedule is too hard.

I would rather lose two OOC games than play your proposed murderer's row on a yearly basis.

A regular game against ECU or App would generate more excitement. I know most people on here probably do not like the idea of Wake playing those schools but I'd like to see it.

A regular game against ECU or App would generate more excitement. I know most people on here probably do not like the idea of Wake playing those schools but I'd like to see it.

we should never play and FCS team that could beat us. Never.

Back