• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coaching staff took the last 6 weeks off.

Goolsbyrules

Reaction score
Deacs, haven't played a full game of football since the florida state game. The last month and half Wake beat two of the crappiest teams in division one football, that is it. In fact Fla. State is the only quality win all year.

The more I reflect on this season the more upset I get. Grobe has assembled enough talent for the Deacs to have had a better record this year or at least not piss away game after game in the 4th quarter. The coaching staff did a bad job the last 6 weeks. Today was the icing the cake. To end this season like that today is total bs. Wake doesn't deserve to be anywhere but Shriveport.

I wouldnt mind if Wellman Bzz and Lobo jumped in the prius and headed west until that thing ran out of gas. That should put them 4 states away.

Hallelujah Holy Shit! Were's the Tylenol?

Let's make a deal....

Dabo
Brownell

For

Bzzzz
Grobe

As long as you keep Lobo, I am willing to make this happen....

I still blame Trent Strickland and his reverse dunk attempt vs. Duke (game where we were winning but his reverse dunk awfulness was the start of Duke coming back). WF athletics have not been the same since then.

I still blame Trent Strickland and his reverse dunk attempt vs. Duke (game where we were winning but his reverse dunk awfulness was the start of Duke coming back). WF athletics have not been the same since then.

I would like to bring this post to everyone's attention again.

I would like to bring this post to everyone's attention again.

Actually, we were rallying, down 5 early second half, crowd going crazy, Strickland steals and clangs the uncontested reverse slam off the back rim. One pass to Redick for a triple, and the air went out of the building.

IIRC we were rallying from behind and were still behind when he went for that. It sucked but I still say that if that went down, we'd have run away with that game.

Fuck. The entire building deflated after that nonsense. Ugh.

Actually, we were rallying, down 5 early second half, crowd going crazy, Strickland steals and clangs the uncontested reverse slam off the back rim. One pass to Redick for a triple, and the air went out of the building.

Damn. Beat me to it

Maybe this was Josh Harris' fault. The season did turn when he went down.

I dont think its harris' fault that he got hurt, but the offense is definitely worse without the home run threat he brings out of the backfield.

I dont think its harris' fault that he got hurt, but the offense is definitely worse without the home run threat he brings out of the backfield.

If Harris could run back kicks he could have played last night. He lobbied on the sidelines to get in the game- not that it would have made the difference in winning- but I hope the iron chains of the Grobe Doghouse of Doom does not ruin him for next year.

Is Harris really allowed to run hurdles for the track team? If so this is the culprit for unending pulled hamstring issues.

Agree about the punting. Field position killed a fragile D this year.

Hard to argue we played a complete game at all this year, so not sure you can really say the coaches took the last 6 weeks off. We had a 10+ pt lead in every game through the first half and let the other team back in the game every time.

Within games depth was an issue and over the course of the season depth was an issue as well. We wore down and the coaches did not plan around it well enough. I expect the month off between the bowl game should result in a much fresher team than we saw last night. And hopefully better prepared.

Back