• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Where were the students yesterday?

Deacsfan27

Reaction score
Last game of the year and there were more band members there than other students. What gives?

The students give about as much of a damn about our football team as our team gave about beating Vanderbilt...

You guys sounded great yesterday from our vantage point in section 4. Great job by the band all year. I mean that.

You guys sounded great yesterday from our vantage point in section 4. Great job by the band all year. I mean that.

Thank you very much. We have gotten more compliments this year alone than the other three years combined imo. I guess that means we are doing something right.

I don't think that you can blame the students for not coming back from break for a game that had no impact on our season from the standpoint of post-season play.

We lose, we go to Shreveport.
We win, we go to Shreveport.

I'm a huge Wake fan. Possibly to the point that it is unhealthy, but I just couldn't find it in me to care what happened yesterday.

Oh, we all cared, but there were so many dumb mistakes on kick and punt returns, poor throws, terrible coverage and so on that when it all started over again in the third quarter I think the best of fans had to be a million miles away in spirit.

I don't think that you can blame the students for not coming back from break for a game that had no impact on our season from the standpoint of post-season play.

We lose, we go to Shreveport.
We win, we go to Shreveport.

I'm a huge Wake fan. Possibly to the point that it is unhealthy, but I just couldn't find it in me to care what happened yesterday.

I get that argument, but most students were probably clueless to bowl implications.

If I am spending $400 on a plane ticket then I am not coming back two days early to watch a meaningless game.

This is one game no one should complain about the lack of student support.

I understand kids not coming back from Jersey or Florida, but a large percentage of our student population is from NC, or around NC. I left Beaufort NC at 9 in the morning to make the game, so there is no excuse for kids from Clemmons or Greensboro to miss the game.

This thread was clearly a joke about nearly every other thread about students.

Back