• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Urban Meyer to OSU

Fuck Your Couch

Reaction score
Rumor Meyer to Ohio St.

realfreemancbs
Scout.com is reporting Urban Meyer has agreed to coach OSU for 7 years, $35 million. If true, whoa.

Prior to the scandal, there were more than a few Penn State alums that were under the impression he was preparing to become their next coach. I think that's very unlikely now.

I wouldnt be surprised if meyer took the OSU job, but it would be dissapointing. After all the run up about his health and spending time with his family, it seems kind of hollow to only take one season off before going back to another football factory.

It will Ohio State or nowhere for Urban Meyer. There is not even a question about this.

I understand the point about feeling misled if he comes back, but OSU is one of his top 2 jobs.

OSU wins a BCS championship within 3 years if Urb becomes their coach.

Whew. I can continue to hate Urban. I was getting soft there for a little bit.

A year off from work and with the fam (including almost unlimited resources) would be great for me. Taking another job doesn't ring hollow to me.

OSU wins a BCS championship within 3 years if Urb becomes their coach.

Braxton Miller would become a whole different kind of problem with Meyer coaching.

I do think if Meyer comes back he should have an offensive coordinator with some experience in something other than his single wingy stuff. We saw how he did at UF without Tebow.

So you're trying to assert that there is a reason to doubt Meyer's offensive coaching without Tim Tebow, but won't accept a season where Tebow played less than 10% of the snaps as evidence?

You posted something out of your ass and are now trying to cover it with semantics.

Even worse, he doesn't realize that Urban will have no problem getting a QB to run his offense at Ohio State.

So you're trying to assert that there is a reason to doubt Meyer's offensive coaching without Tim Tebow, but won't accept a season where Tebow played less than 10% of the snaps as evidence?

You posted something out of your ass and are now trying to cover it with semantics.

Way to try to take a somewhat reasonable discussion and turn it into a bitchfight with inflammatory comments.

Does UF win the national championship without Tim Tebow in 06-07? Rhetorical question, of course, because the answer is obviously no regardless of how few snaps he played. How many snaps does a kicker or punter play in a game? Doesn't make them unimportant.

The first year after Tebow left, Florida went 4-4 in the SEC. He had two other years going 5-3. Those records are worse than anything under Spurrier. Even Zook only had 1 year worse than 5-3 (4-4 in his last year). So I think it's fair to say that without Tebow, UF was significantly worse (even though one of those years was with Tebow) and that bigtime football may require some add-ons to Meyer's system, as much as I love it conceptually.

Back