• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball Rankings Week 4

SLU and UNLV are both pretty good teams. Harvard has a chance to get a lot of wins in the regular season as well. Glad to see that the voters are picking up on teams like this more often now.

Memphis shouldn't be ranked though.

I like these exchanges between the twins. Were you guys sitting in your dorm room together when you made these posts? Like, numbers starts the new thread, then looks over at doofus and doofus responds? HELP US UNDERSTAND.

They don't have to even look at each other to know what just happened. THEY JUST KNOW.

Twins telepathy, man...fucking hell. Scary stuff.

By the way dv7...kenpom also had saint Louis highly rated before the year...just fyi

So, Cal withstands a thrashing at the hands of Haith/Mizzou while possessing an utterly mediocre OOC and they stay in over the likes of Creighton and Harvard? Please...

They don't have to even look at each other to know what just happened. THEY JUST KNOW.

Twins telepathy, man...fucking hell. Scary stuff.

No joke, I was just about to post this. :eek:
I just read an interview with the author.
Most recently I have been collecting evidence for telepathy between identical twins, which has never been properly studied. Thanks to my colleagues Adrian Parker and Göran Brusewitz in Sweden, it has now begun to be studied at university level. I hope to report developments in the 3rd edition of my book Twin Telepathy, due out in 2012, which will include the very interesting results of some laboratory experiments that I helped set up. So wait for that - the first two editions are already out of date!
41IgkHWUKsL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Guy Lyon Playfair has produced an overwhelming body of evidence indicating that there is indeed a special connection between twins—much of it published here for the first time. Examples include: A man staggers and slumps into a chair clutching his chest at the exact moment that his twin brother—30 miles away—is shot dead A four-year-old girl burns her hand while simultaneously her sister suddenly develops a blister of the same size in exactly the same place. Playfair also makes a bold attempt to provide a new way of looking at the mystery of telepathy. Indeed, as he explains in clear, non-technical language, scientists may already have come close to solving the mystery of the twin collection—and telepathy in general—without realizing it.
http://www.amazon.com/Twin-Telepathy-Guy-Lyon-Playfair/dp/075095065X/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1322506843&sr=1-1-catcorr

Can't decide which is more egregious: Baylor at #7, or Mississippi St being ranked at all.

It has to be Miss State. Cumberland must be weeping tears of joy right now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/June_and_Jennifer_Gibbons
The twin sisters were inseparable, and had speech impediments that made them difficult to understand for people outside their immediate family, and they mixed very little with other children. School was traumatic for them: they were ostracized in the school. Eventually the school administrators had to send them home early each day to avoid being bullied and give them a head start. Their language became even more idiosyncratic at this time - an idioglossia - and became unintelligible to outsiders. They spoke to no one except each other and their younger sister Rose, and became even more isolated.[1]

When they turned 14, after a succession of therapists had tried unsuccessfully to get them to communicate with others, they were sent to separate boarding schools in an attempt to break their isolation. The pair became catatonic and entirely withdrawn when parted

According to Wallace, the girls had long had an agreement that if one died, the other must begin to speak and live a normal life. During their stay in the hospital, they began to believe that it was necessary for one twin to die, and after much discussion, Jennifer agreed to be the sacrifice.[3] Within hours after their release in 1993, Jennifer died of sudden inflammation of the heart (reported initially as viral myocarditis).[4] There was no evidence of drugs or poison in her system. To this day, Jennifer's death remains a mystery.[5]

After Jennifer's death, June gave interviews with Harper's Bazaar and The Guardian.[6] She became more communicative and was able to speak with other people. She lived at home with her family in Haverfordwest apparently until 2005, when she began living with her partner in a nearby town.

Can't decide which is more egregious: Baylor at #7, or Mississippi St being ranked at all.

MSU has two wins over top-25 teams and a loss to a very good mid-major.

What does Cal, Memphis (Tenn sucks & Belmont hasn't done anything yet), TAMU, etc. have to hang their hat on? That's right, nothing.

When was the last time Baylor had their football and hoops teams in the Top 20?

Probably never.

Mrs Denver is a Baylor grad and her chatter this year is incessant.

Texas A&M and Arizona have done nothing to prove that they deserve to be in the Top 25.

ETA: and that's why Arizona isn't, and A&M is falling as well.

It's early in the season Mississippi St. will drop (as they should) after a few "bad" losses.

Texas A&M and Arizona aren't top 25 teams. I mean that in the technical sense (they are both in the receiving votes section) and in the literal sense.

The media is just overreacting to MSU winning a tournament at MSG.

Miss. St. is talented, and has been playing really well. Why wouldn't they be ranked?

Just went over to IC to see the hole fan reaction to dook being ranked ahead of them.
Found this little gem:

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=78&f=1410&t=8344239

Freakin hilarious. They have GotDurn Roy Williams and a solid chance at winning a natty and they are writing an open letter to Ole Roy because their team had an off night and the opponent brought their A game to play the #1 team in the nation.

Please, whiny hole fans, come walk a mile in the shoes of a Wake fan.

Go to hell carolina! Go to hell!

IC is going to be a mess after this 3 game losing streak (*fingers crossed*)

IC is going to be a mess after this 3 game losing streak (*fingers crossed*)

I shouldn't have picked UNC in the competition because I pull for them to lose every game and it is a lose-lose both ways lol.

Back