• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Make NC State The Thanksgiving Week Rivalry

Deaconman

Reaction score
-People will actually travel to this game

-Long time actual rival

-Meaningful (likely to determine something in the conference)

-We hate those guys (isn't that what a rivalry game is suppose to mean)

I don't think State could have scored more 2nd half points than they did against MD, but they would if they had played us on Saturday.

How about the season ends the week before Thanksgiving and we get some kind of freaking playoff?

Since TOB coached teams usually mail in the first 4-5 games each year, you probably want us then.

I do like the idea of a set schedule with y'all.

How about the season ends the week before Thanksgiving and we get some kind of freaking playoff?

Amen. It's pretty messed up that FBS football players don't get Thanksgiving break and have to play what for many is a meaningless game.

I'd love to see the season end the week before and let the Friday and Saturday after Thanksgiving be for 8 1st round games of a 16 team tournament (or 4 play-in games of a 12 team tournament).

Amen. It's pretty messed up that FBS football players don't get Thanksgiving break and have to play what for many is a meaningless game.

I'd love to see the season end the week before and let the Friday and Saturday after Thanksgiving be for 8 1st round games of a 16 team tournament (or 4 play-in games of a 12 team tournament).[/QUOTE]

No kidding. I love how if you bring something like that up with the BCS backers, they act like it would be impossible, but the FCS playoffs started over the Thanksgiving weekend???

I was discussing the same thing this week with my parents. I'd rather have a conference game to end the season and NCSU is the best choice for a yearly final-game rivalry.

As an out-of-state Wake fan, I'm fine with the Vandy game and "rivalry." Honestly, I know more people that went to Vandy than went to NC State. It feels a bit more like a rivalry when I get trash talk from friends.

we used to have them as the last basketball game before the ACCT but it seems like they've gotten away from that recently.

This is the ultimate win-win and I have no idea why it doesn't already happen. Unless State would rather play Maryland in the final weekend, or something stupid like that.

Given how badly we crap the bed late in the season, I'm all for having more OOC games in November like this year and next. Imagine if we had played State and Florida State instead Notre Dame and Vandy in those spots. We need to frontload the conference schedule.

Given how badly we crap the bed late in the season, I'm all for having more OOC games in November like this year and next. Imagine if we had played State and Florida State instead Notre Dame and Vandy in those spots. We need to frontload the conference schedule.

plus state blows ass the first half of the year. keep them scheduled early

As an out-of-state Wake fan, I'm fine with the Vandy game and "rivalry." Honestly, I know more people that went to Vandy than went to NC State. It feels a bit more like a rivalry when I get trash talk from friends.

Vandy - wake trash talk - You are a nerd

-People will actually travel to this game

-Long time actual rival

-Meaningful (likely to determine something in the conference)

-We hate those guys (isn't that what a rivalry game is suppose to mean)

Terrible idea.

1) this game will never be heavily attended by the Wake faithful. 75 percent of our students (and alumni) live outside the state of North Carolina. They are with their families for Thanksgiving.

2). NC State will (and has) traveled heavily to a game at Wake on this weekend.

There is NO reason to play an important divisional confererence game in those conditions. Vandy faces the same problems and is why they are the perfect Thanksgiving opponent.

Back