• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Acc/Big 10 Challenge Discussion/Predictions Thread

Predict the outcome of the ACC/Big 10 Challenge:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stonz

Reaction score
Here's the schedule:

TUESDAY, NOV. 29
Michigan at Virginia (ESPN2, 7 p.m.)
Northwestern at Georgia Tech (ESPNU, 7:15 p.m.)
Illinois at Maryland (ESPN, 7:30 p.m.)
Miami at Purdue (ESPN2, 9 p.m.)
Clemson at Iowa (ESPNU, 9:15 p.m.)
Duke at Ohio State (ESPN, 9:30 p.m.)

WEDNESDAY, NOV. 30
Indiana at North Carolina State (ESPN2, 7:15 p.m.)
Penn State at Boston College (ESPNU, 7:15 p.m.)
Florida State at Michigan State (ESPN, 7:30 p.m.)
Virginia Tech at Minnesota (ESPN2, 9:15 p.m.)
Wake Forest at Nebraska (ESPNU, 9:15 p.m.)
Wisconsin at North Carolina (ESPN, 9:30 p.m.)

I'll go with the Big 10 going 8-4. Wins for the ACC by Duke, North Carolina, Virginia Tech, and Clemson.

has the big 10 won this thing yet? cause if not this is definitely the year.

kenpomeroy
Preparing the Big Ten/ACC Challenge bar chart for Tuesday morning viewing. Spoiler: The ACC basically has no chance.

Ranking the Probabilities, from the ACC's POV:
1) Virginia vs. Michigan: 62%
2) Clemson @ Iowa: 55%
3) Georgia Tech vs. Northwestern: 52%
4) NCSt vs. Indiana: 47%
5) North Carolina vs. Wisconsin: 46%
6) Maryland vs. Illinois: 45%
7) Virginia Tech @ Minnesota: 38%
8) Boston College vs. Penn St: 38%
9) Florida St @ Michigan St: 32%
10) Duke @ Ohio St: 22%
11) Miami @ Purdue: 21%
12) Wake Forest @ Nebraska: 14%
Total: 472%

Big 10 should expect to win 7-5.

Pretty cool that 2/3s of the game are between 65/35. Obviously its a big problem for the ACC that the Big 10 is favored in all 4 games with a clear favorite.

The ACC has a 472% chance to win this thing?!

I like those odds and I'm on my way to Vegas.

The ACC is going to get taken to pound town.

I don't see a game Tuesday night that I think the ACC will win. I don't think they'll get shut out just because the chances of all six going as predicted is so slim, but tomorrow will be ugly.

The only sure ACC win I see in the whole thing is UNC. How does the almighty kenpom think unc is less than a 50% chance of beating Wisconsin in Chapel Hill?

The ACC is going to get taken to pound town.

I don't see a game Tuesday night that I think the ACC will win. I don't think they'll get shut out just because the chances of all six going as predicted is so slim, but tomorrow will be ugly.

The only sure ACC win I see in the whole thing is UNC. How does the almighty kenpom think unc is less than a 50% chance of beating Wisconsin in Chapel Hill?

UNC has a choice to make following the UNLV loss. They can go all out against a good Wiscy team to get back to winning, but have nothing left against UK. Or they can play relaxed, and risk another loss in exchange for full preparation against UK.

I think unc will get the loss. And same with duke. I see maybe 3 wins for ACC

Yeah I like his stats, but he's about the biggest d0uche of all time.

Huh? He's probably the least douchey out of his contemporaries, across sports. Always questioning his own methods, cautious about making false proclamations and rarely pats his own back.

Huh? He's probably the least douchey out of his contemporaries, across sports. Always questioning his own methods, cautious about making false proclamations and rarely pats his own back.

using numbers and stats makes you a douche

Back