• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

All-ACC

I heard that Noel won defensive ROY.

Great for all of the guys, especially Chris! I was worried about an Aaron Curry situation where the guy gets All America honors, but not first team all conference honors. Glad the voters bumped Jones down.

Edited to add: Apparently the Curry thing didn't happen. I thought I remembered something like that though.

Last edited:
Josh Bush went from one of the worst cornerbacks in the history of the ACC to a first team All-ACC safety.

That's quite a turnaround. Congrats.

Bush is great at reading plays and reacting, his athleticism and corner skills are just highly questionable.

Great coaching move by the staff, and congrats to Josh for continuing to work hard and earn that spot.

Bush is great at reading plays and reacting, his athleticism and corner skills are just highly questionable.

Great coaching move by the staff, and congrats to Josh for continuing to work hard and earn that spot.

Hopefully the Patterson and Bush experiments will lead to Okoro being moved to safety next year.

Hopefully the Patterson and Bush experiments will lead to Okoro being moved to safety next year.

I would think that would be a good possibility. We should have Kevin Johnson and Dom Tate back next year, along with Noel and Marshall, so it would seem numbers wise we could move him to safety.

How did Jimmy Newman not make the list?

I forgot to use the sarcasm font. Sorry.

If there was a spot for holder, then Wulfeck should've gotten it for fielding all those grounders this year.

25th in the country in completion percentage. Not All-ACC, but not worthy of sarcasm either.

Meaningless stat that doesn't factor in distance. Who cares how accurate a kicker is if his range effective ends at 35 yards?

Meaningless stat that doesn't factor in distance. Who cares how accurate a kicker is if his range effective ends at 35 yards?

That's the deal, Jimmy gets a lot of short FG tries and he makes almost all of them. He's needs to take it to the next level and become a reliable kicker from 40 to 50 yards.

That's the deal, Jimmy gets a lot of short FG tries and he makes almost all of them. He's needs to take it to the next level and become a reliable kicker from 40 to 50 yards.

Jimmy can knock home meaningless 35 yarders with the best of em. It's the important kicks that he chokes on.

Kickoffs have been a weakness again this year. Newman's hit some touchbacks, but still alot of short kicks without great height. I noticed the Vandy kicker wasn't getting his to the endzone (except for the 1st one) but he was getting great height on his kicks, almost like a punt. Allows for the coverage to get down field.

Back