• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Does this come into play for national championship?

doubledeac

Reaction score
"Anyone who doesn't win their conference has no business playing in the national championship game." - Nick Saban, Alabama Head Coach (12/8/03)

(apologies is this has already been posted, Mods please move if necessary)

"I guess I have to say it. I'm not going to be the Alabama coach." - Nick Saban (12/21/07)

Luckily for Nick Saban, he's already proven to be a very untrustworthy source of information.

Who would he have been saying that about? Ohio St?

Oklahoma, who had just lost to K State in an upset. OU was basically in the same position LSU finds themselves in this year, where if they lost, they were a shoo-in regardless for the NCG.

Saban was coaching LSU that year and LSU played OU for all the marbles, winning 21-14. USC beat whoever they played in the Rose Bowl that year (probably Michigan or somebody) and the NC was split.

"Anyone who doesn't win their conference has no business playing in the national championship game." - Nick Saban, Alabama Head Coach (12/8/03)

(apologies is this has already been posted, Mods please move if necessary)

nice! I will us this

It's like when Pujols said that a player who plays on a team that doesn't make the playoffs shouldn't win the MVP and then he won it a few years later on a non-playoff team.

No, Saban's misstatements from nearly a decade ago are not relevant to the national title picture today.

It's not like Saban has a history of bullshit spewing forth from his pie hole.

On ESPN today they said they could find no reliable sources actually attributing the first quote to Saban FWIW

Back