• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL - Del Rio Fired

He had 8 years to see what he could do. He did get them to the playoffs twice but his teams really struggled his last few years.

They should have just fired him the same day they released David Garrard.

He was dead man walking at that point. Prolly was before that. I think he's a good coach, and he had some good teams there 5-7 years ago when they had the talent. Their problem has been with their front office and a lack of $$. I don't care who your coach is - if you don't draft well at all, you're gonna fail.

The biggest rumor down here for a few weeks now is that the team has already been sold to Fred Smith of Fedex.

Look at the Jags first round picks under JDR they are TERRIBLE.

Look at the Jags first round picks under JDR they are TERRIBLE.

Is Del Rio the GM too? I really don't know who has been responsible for their player drafting and acquisition. And I was assuming that wasn't Del Rio. More than anything else they need a good GM. And after that, they need to move to LA.

In FFL terms this means play weekly matchups against JAX every week!

Speculation on Mike & Mike is that you only do it at this point in the season if there are issues in the locker room and front office.

I mean, hell, even Snyder keeps his coaches until the end of the year.

Is Del Rio the GM too? I really don't know who has been responsible for their player drafting and acquisition. And I was assuming that wasn't Del Rio. More than anything else they need a good GM. And after that, they need to move to LA.

In football head coaches have a lot of input on the draft.

No and I personally feel the management issue this team has is higher up than just Del Rio.

Speculation on Mike & Mike is that you only do it at this point in the season if there are issues in the locker room and front office.

I mean, hell, even Snyder keeps his coaches until the end of the year.

Timing is odd. Clayton was speculating that it was due to the smaller market and having to start selling the job to potential coaches early.

I personally feel the fan base is fine and this team could do really well if they resolve the management issues. Drafting has been horrendous and coaching sub par.

Back