• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NBA offseason thread

Fuck Your Couch

Reaction score
NBA sucks, I wish it had never come back!

Now that we've gotten that out of the way, lots of FA/trade movement to discuss with the shortened period between Dec.9 til opening day on Christmas.

Ainge is trying to swing Rondo for CP3. He needs to find a 3rd team to make it work and convince Paul to sign an extension.

According to Broussard, CP3's number 1 choice right now is NY, but would also sign an extension with the Clippers. The Clippers main priority is to get Dwight Howard. It is not out of the realm of possibility for the Clips to end up with the 3 headed monster of Paul/Howard/Griffin. The Lakers are also going to go after Howard with Bynum or Gasol and basically anyone else on the team other than Kobe.

The new amnesty rule in the NBA allows every team in the NBA to remove one contract off their books with no cap ramifications. Brandon Roy will probably be amnestied, and Chicago is looking like the #1 suitor to pick him up. Lots of terrible contracts will come off the books and those players could become valuable pieces for other teams.

I'm all in on the Clippers. CP3 to the clips would be b-a-n-a-n-a-s

that'd be awesome of CP3 to end up in LA along with Dwight Howard. That team would be unstoppable. Might i say better than the heat?

CP3 throwing oops to Howard AND Griffin??? That would be the most entertaining team in history and CP would shatter some assist records.

I'd love to see CP3 with Blake, let alone Dwight. I want him to come to the Bobcats, but realize this is a fantasy, so I wouldn't mind seeing him with LAC.

It would be hilarious if CP3 went to Boston directly for Rondo after that POS Rondo made fun of Paul for not winning a championship yet.

would everybody still be for the CP3 to LAC if Dwight doesn't get traded to LAC?

CP3, Griffin and Rouq would still be an awesome team to root for... I'm not sure there has ever been an NBA team with two Deacs.

I'd be down for CP to be there with Blake w/o Howard. Some awesome alley oops would still ensue

Is Farouq going to start? He only started 14 games last year.

If they traded for Paul or Howard, its probably pretty likely that Aminu would be in the deal.

Back