• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Should Jim Grobe become Honky Tonk Grobe for Music City Bowl?

Should Jim Grobe become Hollywood Jim Grobe for Independence Bowl?

• Total voters

Say Hey Deac

Reaction score
There seems to be support for Grobe embracing a persona of Hollywood Jim Grobe for the Independence Bowl. On the surface, this of course makes total sense given that Shreveport is one of the the best movie making cities in the US (source: http://www.moviemaker.com/locations/article/10_best_cities_to_live_work_make_movies_in_2010_20100119/). Some have even called it a "no-brainer." However, I think all Deacon fans should have input into this decision.

Here is an artist's rendering of Hollywood Jim Grobe:

2vb8oi8.jpg

Not to influence your vote, but you may recall the stunning success that was Bearded Grobe. Thanks to the effort of the G.E.T. B.I.G. Y.O.U. H.A.I.R.Y. D.E.A.C.S. Campaign, the team went from 3-8 to a bowl game. Grobe is the first to attribute the turnaround completely to the beard.

Last edited:
There seems to be support for Grobe embracing a persona of Hollywood Jim Grobe for the Independence Bowl. On the surface, this of course makes total sense given that Shreveport is one of the the best movie making cities in the US (source: http://www.moviemaker.com/locations/article/10_best_cities_to_live_work_make_movies_in_2010_20100119/). Some have even called it a "no-brainer." However, I think all Deacon fans should have input into this decision.

Here is an artist's rendering of Hollywood Jim Grobe:

2vb8oi8.jpg

Not to influence your vote, but you may recall the stunning success that was Bearded Grobe. Thanks to the effort of the G.E.T. B.I.G. Y.O.U. H.A.I.R.Y. D.E.A.C.S. Campaign, the team went from 3-8 to a bowl game. Grobe is the first to attribute the turnaround completely to the beard.

Actually it was 3-9 to a bowl game, even more reason.

Somebody should print out the picture and take it to him during the coaches show tomorrow and present the idea to him on the air.

Would Hollywood Jim Grobe go for it on fourth and inches on his own 45 down five with three minutes left?

Or would he punt?

Would Hollywood Jim Grobe go for it on fourth and inches on his own 45 down five with three minutes left?

Or would he punt?

Great question. Hollywood Jim Grobe would actually fake punt in that scenario. The Wolfman takes the snap and shocks the world by throwing a long bomb to Nikita Whitlock. Touchdown Deacs. Hollywood Jim Grobe celebrates the TD by flexing and breaking a chair over Lobo.

Great question. Hollywood Jim Grobe would actually fake punt in that scenario. The Wolfman takes the snap and shocks the world by throwing a long bomb to Nikita Whitlock. Touchdown Deacs. Hollywood Jim Grobe celebrates the TD by flexing and breaking a chair over Lobo.

:laugh:

Jim "Macho Man" Grobe or Jim "The Hulk" Grobe

that is pretty funny stuff. Kind of combines Chuckie the Chest's glasses with Hulk Hogan's stache

I feel like this may be the most important thing I've ever voted for.

It probably is, DeacInVermont. It probably is.

As a result of an avalanche of support, we are proud to announce the formation of an official campaign devoted to assisting Grobe with his transformation into Hollywood Jim Grobe for the bowl game: the G.E.T. B.I.G. A.N.D. H.A.I.R.Y. I.N. S.H.R.E.V.E.P.O.R.T. Campaign. Of course that stands for:

Guarantee: Embracing Tremendous Boa Into Grobe's wArdrobe iN aDdition to Handlebar moustAche and Insanely gnaRly eYeglasses INsures Superiority, Happiness, and a Ridiculously Easy Victory. Every Person will knOw this Real Truth.

Further details are forthcoming.

I would really love to see this.

So, I guess this movement died a quick death? Would've been awesome. :tear:

I thought that was the Fresno coach

pat-hill-fresno-state.jpg

THE DEBATE HAS CHANGED. SHOULD JIM GROBE BECOME HONKY TONK JIM GROBE FOR THE MUSIC CITY BOWL?

The Deacs' bid to the Music City Bowl came as a big surprise to pretty much everyone. Fortunately, the G.E.T. B.I.G. A.N.D. H.A.I.R.Y. I.N. S.H.R.E.V.E.P.O.R.T. Campaign had planned for just such a contingency.

Obviously, Hollywood Jim Grobe makes no sense now that the Deacs are not playing in the filmmaking mecca of Shreveport, Louisiana. Thus, the Campaign presents for your consideration Honky Tonk Grobe:

1t4lzl.jpg

Back