• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Will Wake beat Nebraska?

Will Wake Beat Nebraska

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This game is being broadcast on ESPNU, for all those who don't get ESPN3

I picked Wake to lose to Texas Tech and I was glad to be wrong. So I will pick Nebraska and hope for another WFU victory.

KenPom says we have a 14% chance to win.

KenPom forgot an 0 in his equation I think. We only have a 1.4% to win.

First time I've voted no this season. Prove me wrong, Deacs.

Touugh spot for a young (young for the 3rd year in a row) Wake team going up against a traditional basketball powerhouse like Nebraska......

Touugh spot for a young (young for the 3rd year in a row) Wake team going up against a traditional basketball powerhouse like Nebraska......

RPI has them at 99 and they're not a top 25 team in either the AP or USA Today/ESPN. I'm kind of surprised so many folks think the Deacs will lose. I mean, I think Wake will lose but I don't think Nebraska is that good. I'd only expect the poll to be this lopsided if we were playing a top 25 team.

RPI has them at 99 and they're not a top 25 team in either the AP or USA Today/ESPN. I'm kind of surprised so many folks think the Deacs will lose. I mean, I think Wake will lose but I don't think Nebraska is that good. I'd only expect the poll to be this lopsided if we were playing a top 25 team.

That's silly. I don't care who's coaching our team, if an objective observer looked at our lineup there's no way they'd put us in the top 50 teams, and likely not the top 75.

The problem with a yes/no poll like this is that there's no degree of separation. I'd be willing to bet that a good portion of the "no" votes are predicting a close game.

That's silly. I don't care who's coaching our team, if an objective observer looked at our lineup there's no way they'd put us in the top 50 teams, and likely not the top 75.

I know that. But I expected a little more irrational enthusiasm for the Deacs chances from a lot of our fans. We're definitely not top 75 but it's not like we're playing a powerhouse. This is freakin' Nebraska.

The problem with a yes/no poll like this is that there's no degree of separation. I'd be willing to bet that a good portion of the "no" votes are predicting a close game.

Could be right. Those damn twins have brainwashed me with their constant Kenpom bullshit into thinking there's no way the Deacs have a chance. But now that I'm taking the time to learn a little about Nebraska they don't look that impressive. Neither are we but still, I think this game could be pretty close. But we've got one thing Nebraska doesn't have- the "Bz factor". I think a lot of people are overlooking that.

For the stat geeks, I ask, "has bzzz ever beaten a team he was not favored against?" Just curious, but the only time I think he would have would have been his one road in @ Nebraska....but I don't know.

I mean, I think Nebraska's the clearly better team. But they're not good, and I'm convinced we're not as bad as most think. Besides, BC's up on Penn St at the half... anything can happen! :D

Could be right. Those damn twins have brainwashed me with their constant Kenpom bullshit into thinking there's no way the Deacs have a chance. But now that I'm taking the time to learn a little about Nebraska they don't look that impressive. Neither are we but still, I think this game could be pretty close. But we've got one thing Nebraska doesn't have- the "Bz factor". I think a lot of people are overlooking that.

It could be close the entire game and we still lose by 12.

That is the sad part...Nebraska stinks and has stunk for decades. They will finish right near the bottom of the Big 10.

Back