• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Great play call on last possession...

JimDuncan

Reaction score
way to put it in CJ's hands...excellent call. Diaz wasn't able to recover and CJ actually got fouled as well. Hale yeah

way to put it in CJ's hands...excellent call. Diaz wasn't able to recover and CJ actually got fouled as well. Hale yeah

Buzz did awesome tonight on the whole, no doubt about it.

But that was the same Dino playcall with Ish as we had on the last possession during his tenure. A simple Iso with a high screen.

But that was the same Dino playcall with Ish as we had on the last possession during his tenure. A simple Iso with a high screen.

Yep. Not really much of a playcall, but it was the right playcall. Chase was set up for a kick out on the ball side wing if his man came to help in the post.

It was simple, but it was the perfect play call. I'm sure CJ had the option to kick to Chase or Travis if help came.

I kind of wanted a time out on our second to last possession when we looked disjointed, but overall Buzz was great tonight. Good to see DV7 take a drop of the BuzzIn kool-aid.

I take none of it. But he did a fine job tonight.

Credit where it is due.

I kind of wanted a time out on our second to last possession when we looked disjointed, but overall Buzz was great tonight. Good to see DV7 take a drop of the BuzzIn kool-aid.

I liked the look of Travis getting a wide open look for 3 from the corner. He just had an off night. He'll usually make that.

Nothing out there was rocket science. But we definitely out-coached Nebraska tonight.

Yeah, not much of a playcall. Put the ball in the hands of your best playmak er and let him do his thing. Definitely thought Bz should have called a timeout on that next to last possession. We just don't have "let 'em play" talent.

Despite the Huskers coach getting more "face time" and "press" during the game about his great defensive strategies! THAT really blew up in his face at the end, now didn't it?

Next to last play got one of our best shooters a completely wide open look. How would a time out have helped? Let Nebraska set up their defense?

The one thing I would have liked to see us do differently after CJ made the layup was to use some of our remaining fouls to run time off the clock while they still had the ball in the backcourt. We only had three team fouls, so we had three to give and 3.4 seconds to run off the clock. All's well that ends well, but we could have significantly shortened the amount of time they had to get a decent look at the basket had we used a different strategy.

The one thing I would have liked to see us do differently after CJ made the layup was to use some of our remaining fouls to run time off the clock while they still had the ball in the backcourt. We only had three team fouls, so we had three to give and 3.4 seconds to run off the clock. All's well that ends well, but we could have significantly shortened the amount of time they had to get a decent look at the basket had we used a different strategy.

Good point.

Luckily that dumbass shot the ball from half court with just over 2 seconds left on the clock.

Ideally that sounds great, but the last thing you want is for the Nebraska player to throw up a shot from 3 quarter court and give them 3 BS free throws to take the lead.

I've never agreed with the fouling with under 5 seconds left strategy, so no chance I knock Buzz for that.

It was a rushed shot. I'm not trying to be critical. It all worked out

Wrong. McKie is sitting in the corner, wide open, calling for the ball. He got it with 5 on the shot clock and shot it in rhythm. He has a quick release, but it was not hurried at all, and he's been shooting it great. (I recorded the game and just re-watched the play)

If you think Nebraska's going to give Chase an uncontested look at that point, I don't know what to tell you.

They were on their heels, we had the advantage and got a great look. No problem at all not taking the time out there.

Back