• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

[Redacted]'s play calling at the end of close games..

vtwhat etc

Historically Competitive
Reaction score
Has been absolutely spectacular & deserves its own thread.

Last year's Miami game included one of the best drawn up plays I've ever witnessed in person to end a game and involved absolutely perfect execution by the team to create the open look to win the game. JT was an inch away from stealing a W in that game.

Having Harris set up for the drive there was a really, really good decision by [Redacted] based on the foul/time situation, etc.

This is the stuff that needs to happen to get everyone on the same page and I'm sure the players (as well as the fans) have taken note.

Hopefully he will use TOs down the stretch more. We seemed aimless freelancing on the earlier possession.

Honestly, that's one thing that you're going to be exceptional at if you've been around the NBA for as long as Bzz was.

Hopefully he will use TOs down the stretch more. We seemed aimless freelancing on the earlier possession.

Nebraska called a ton of TOs towards the end. Do you think Buzz was just staring at his players during their timeouts?

I was looking back over some box-scores & play-by-plays of our games from last year... I expected to find a discrepancy in scoring (not in our favor) after time-outs; this wasn't the case...

Looking at conference games at least; the team seemed to execute well after WF-called TO's but sometimes (the Duke game in the Joel is a specific example)... Those breaks might have been a little late coming...

I'm starting to buy into the whole X-O thing with Bz & the culture thing seems to have merit given the appearance and attitude/demeanor of our guys. Hopefully once some confidence blossoms in those realms, everything else will fall like dominoes.

Buzz-Out but I'll give him a free pass on Twitter for a blow-out or two. :thumbsup:

Nebraska called a ton of TOs towards the end. Do you think Buzz was just staring at his players during their timeouts?

He meant when we have the ball in a close game with 3 timeouts in the holster.

Fuck sake...

Honestly, that's one thing that you're going to be exceptional at if you've been around the NBA for as long as Bzz was.

Just as a loony Christian gets excited when someone finds a reflection of Jesus in a piece of toast; the devout Buzz-Out'er in me thinks this is a very good & astute point.

Out of curiosity (and with 0 sarcasm)... Has anything else come out about TT doing the exact opposite? That was one of the stranger basketball games I've ever watched.

Out of curiosity (and with 0 sarcasm)... Has anything else come out about TT doing the exact opposite? That was one of the stranger basketball games I've ever watched.

Gillespie's post game quotes were pretty standard

Sweet. Maybe we can have more than a game per season that is close in the end.

Does everyone else enjoy DV7's grasping for negative things to say as much as me? After a well coach game stfu, just come back when we get rolled by Richmond in a couple of games.

The late game plays against Iowa last year were great.

If only we were in more than like 2 close games last year.

Does everyone else enjoy DV7's grasping for negative things to say as much as me? After a well coach game stfu, just come back when we get rolled by Richmond in a couple of games.

Eggsactly!

Eh? I gave Buzz credit for coaching a good game last night? What are you clowns talking about?

Eh? I gave Buzz credit for coaching a good game last night? What are you clowns talking about?

Don't worry, you will be good and sore after the whole [Redacted] thing unfolds...it will truly be "Buzz IN!". Might want to start loosening up...:thumbsup:

I was looking back over some box-scores & play-by-plays of our games from last year... I expected to find a discrepancy in scoring (not in our favor) after time-outs; this wasn't the case...

Looking at conference games at least; the team seemed to execute well after WF-called TO's but sometimes (the Duke game in the Joel is a specific example)... Those breaks might have been a little late coming...

I'm starting to buy into the whole X-O thing with Bz & the culture thing seems to have merit given the appearance and attitude/demeanor of our guys. Hopefully once some confidence blossoms in those realms, everything else will fall like dominoes.

Buzz-Out but I'll give him a free pass on Twitter for a blow-out or two. :thumbsup:

There will be blowouts this year due to our lack of size, lack of dpeth and when shots don't fall.

This is inevitable.

What we're seeing is players buying into a very difficult offense to play.

When you watch it you need to understand, in a Princeton style offense don't look for assists for the PG. The offense is designed for the second pass to lead to the shot.

One of the reasons we see Travis, Nikitsa or Carson fummble passes from Tony or CJ early in the offense is that the biggs aren't completely fmailiar with it and are expecting that pass to go a wing.

Late this year or early next year you'll start seeing more of those passes caught and finished.

Back