• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Carson

liveanddiedeac

Reaction score
deserves his own thread tonight, he showed up and played great!!!

he played like an ACC center, i will give him that!

:)

ahem: as someone who has maybe sometimes been irrational about my carson love, tonight was fucking awesome

If Devin is the player we think he will be, watch Carson really come into his own next year.

Great game from him. Wonder if FTDC will find this thread....

Dino got a good one.
:couch:

[Redacted] did a good job of coaching him up
:couch:

Great effort, great job. Came out fired up for rebounds and on D, and lo and behold some shots started falling, too.

he played like an ACC center, i will give him that!

He'll need to play much stronger in ACC play, mentally stronger. Lots of weak rebounds tonight. I liked him getting open shots all over and his post defense is getting better. He has plenty of work to do. He made some positive steps today.

If Devin is the player we think he will be, watch Carson really come into his own next year.

agreed. carson would be perfect doing whatever the fuck it is nikita tries to do now, with a nasty banger down low doing all the dirty work.

The points were nice, but the thing I really liked was that he was really hitting the glass aggressively. Nice positioning, and was sealing off his man on the box outs. If he could give us consistent performances like that, this team could be exponentially better than I thought possible.

It frees Carson to float on the outside, make shots and pass.

Having another body next to him makes him a better defender and rebounder. He's trying to do too much while trying not to foul.

No it's not a contradiction. It's a natural act by a big who is in Caron's position on a team.

Carson = double/double tonight

Exactly what we're looking for.
Great game!

agreed. carson would be perfect doing whatever the fuck it is nikita tries to do now, with a nasty banger down low doing all the dirty work.

I'd like to see McKie play more at the 4 doing that dirty work.

Great game Carson. He has the skills, it's all about getting tougher physically and mentally. He is so much better in the high post.

Diaz had 12 on him too, most just by beating him to the spot in the low post. Carson has got to sit down and get to those spots. It's not his natural game, but he's all weve got down there.

He did'nt get any rest tonite and balled up down the stretch.

We've got to have Carson play strong to beat the lower level teams in the ACC. I'm glad to see him begin to show signs of progress.

From the first time I saw him, I said he's the kind of guy who begins to make serious contributions by Dec. Jan. of his Jr. year. Unfortunately, he had to play last year and clearly was overmatched.

With the weight training and experience he's gained, things are beginning to come together for him. Looking forward to see his progress, and I hope it's at an accelerated rate.

I've been somewhat tough on Carson, but he had a really good game. We need him to rebound like this consistently.

Back