• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Announcing Bias

Lunadeac

Reaction score
One of my UNC friends just complained about the announcers "being on the jock" of Wisconsin tonight. REALLY? ARE YOU REALLY FUCKING SERIOUS? One of the top programs in history in terms of announcers fellating your athletes through commentary...you REALLY believe that you are allowed to complain about too much positivity towards another team from an announcing crew?

/endrant

Just tell them Stu Scott's lazy eye and stupid fucking mouth is an embarrassment to the good people of Winston Salem

One of my UNC friends just complained about the announcers "being on the jock" of Wisconsin tonight. REALLY? ARE YOU REALLY FUCKING SERIOUS? One of the top programs in history in terms of announcers fellating your athletes through commentary...you REALLY believe that you are allowed to complain about too much positivity towards another team from an announcing crew?

/endrant

You lost me at UNC friends.

Well Musburger was clearly pulling for Wisconsin. I will agree with that. I can't blame him considering Wisconsin clearly had less talent on the floor.

He went on and on about the half court 3 the Wisconsin guy hit at the buzzer which had nothing to do with the game's outcome. It was kind of funny.

UNC does get the love usually and thus I agree with you, but Musburger is a huge Big 10 homer

I visited FSU's forum after their football game against UVA weekend before last.

There were many (well received) posts/threads rationalizing that football officials had a bias against FSU because they never accepted them as a part of the ACC & it was the conferences conspiracy to force them out.

Bottom line is... team-colored glasses can breed some unparalleled stupidity amongst fan bases.

We are... Penn State...

I visited FSU's forum after their football game against UVA weekend before last.

There were many (well received) posts/threads rationalizing that football officials had a bias against FSU because they never accepted them as a part of the ACC & it was the conferences conspiracy to force them out.

Bottom line is... team-colored glasses can breed some unparalleled stupidity amongst fan bases.

We are... Penn State...

FSU fans have been bitching all year about the officiating. They claim since FSU dominated the ACC from 1992 to 2001, the ACC and the ACC refs are out to get them.

only FSU fans would blame a game in which they lost because 1) their team/coach staff is full of dumb-asses and 2)their awesome kicker missed the game winner, on the officiating crew

He went on and on about the half court 3 the Wisconsin guy hit at the buzzer which had nothing to do with the game's outcome. It was kind of funny.

That is because Musberger is always very aware of the point spread. I had Wiscy +7, but I am sure that some had them at +6 so the garbarge 3 (while up 6) may have made a difference.

The_world_revolves_around_ME_by_Descyber1.jpg

Back