• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

When is Ty Walker eligible?

TUA01576

Reaction score
Is he eligible at the end of the 1st semester? That should be in about 3 weeks. Even though he isn't that good, I would love to have Walker slide into that starting 5 spot and move Carson to the 4 and get Nikita the hell out of the starting lineup.

December 10th. We play Seton Hall that day, so I'm not sure if that means he'll be available for that game, or starting after that game.

December 10th for Seton Hall.

ETA: should be able to play at Seton Hall as the reason it's that date is because the last day of classes is the 9th.

December 10th for Seton Hall.

ETA: should be able to play at Seton Hall as the reason it's that date is because the last day of classes is the 9th.

Cool. I figured this was the case. Will be interesting to see how he fits in with this unit that seems to be developing good chemistry. Walker seems to be a positive force on the bench so far his year, so that's gotta be worth something.

Cool. I figured this was the case. Will be interesting to see how he fits in with this unit that seems to be developing good chemistry. Walker seems to be a positive force on the bench so far his year, so that's gotta be worth something.

Not to be a negative nancy, but it wouldn't the first time Ty Walker has appeared to have turned the corner.

Not to be a negative nancy, but it wouldn't the first time Ty Walker has appeared to have turned the corner.

He's playing for his future this year. Maybe he understands wshat that means.

He's playing for his future this year. Maybe he understands wshat that means.

He has always been playing for his future, not sure why he would connect the dots just now.

I hope he lives up to his original billing, but I have low expectations, and I think everyone else should too (and I think they do).

If you replace Nikita with Ty tonight, I think we might win by 10-15.

He'll be a huge, huge improvement over the minutes we're giving to Nikita and Green. (And I suspect Nikita will be more useful in shorter bursts, too.)

I'm not 100% sure Bz will use Ty and Carson on the floor together. I would definitely like to see it, because i love the idea of carson at the 4, but it may cause problems for us getting back in transition, etc. Both were on the team last year and we barely saw it, if at all.

I'm not 100% sure Bz will use Ty and Carson on the floor together. I would definitely like to see it, because i love the idea of carson at the 4, but it may cause problems for us getting back in transition, etc. Both were on the team last year and we barely saw it, if at all.
I think it'll happen just out of necessity this year. It's clear Green is nowhere near ACC-ready, and Nikita is... well, Nikita. So you have three big men that you could reasonably get ACC minutes from, plus Green. I don't see how a Ty/Carson frontcourt is avoidable, even if only in stretches.

I think it'll happen just out of necessity this year. It's clear Green is nowhere near ACC-ready, and Nikita is... well, Nikita. So you have three big men that you could reasonably get ACC minutes from, plus Green. I don't see how a Ty/Carson frontcourt is avoidable, even if only in stretches.

We had less depth at the 4 and 5 last year than we do this year.

I hope Ty Walker finally lives up to the expectations. Some on here are just dieing to get him back and see him play again, hopefully it's worth it.

I dont expect him to ever live up to his original billing. My hope is that he just takes away Nikitas minutes. That guy drives me nuts.

I'm also interested in how this may or may not affect our defensive scheme.

We are playing a lot more zone this year than last year. I'm wondering if it's because Bz has a history of using a matchup zone (he does)? Lack of depth AKA fewer fouls? Or does he just think it best suits our current personnel?

Will we continue to see a lot of zone in the future or does he consider this to be more of a temporary thing?

I'm also interested in how this may or may not affect our defensive scheme.

We are playing a lot more zone this year than last year. I'm wondering if it's because Bz has a history of using a matchup zone (he does)? Lack of depth AKA fewer fouls? Or does he just think it best suits our current personnel?

Will we continue to see a lot of zone in the future or does he consider this to be more of a temporary thing?

I would assume that he'll revert to more man as we up our talent level and our depth. I think/hope he'll mix it up quite a bit though regardless.

Yeah, I love Nikita's effort, but honestly he is only effective when he's playing solid defense and keeping teams honest on the offensive end. And really Ty should also be able to do that.

Now that Chase has stepped up we have no need for his shooting, and with McKie we have no real need for his crazy drives.

Only question is whether Ty is content to fill a role as a senior or if he thinks he should be a star.

Here's our rotation so far, in minutes per game:

Mckie - 34
Harris - 33
Fischer - 29
Channault - 26
Carson - 26
Nikita - 26
Fields - 15
Green - 9

Pulling out the big men to see where Ty may fit in, this is what we've essentialy been going with:
C - Carson (26), Green (9), Nikita (5)
PF - Nikita (21) Mckie (19)
SF - Mckie (15), 3rd guard (25)

If his head is on even close to straight (big if), I could easily see Ty taking at least 18 minutes, say 5 from Green, 10 from Nikita, and 3more from Fields/TC (sliding Mckie to the 3 for those minutes). Hopefully Nikita won't have to play any more C, and our rotation could look like:

C - Carson (18), Ty (18), Green (4)
PF - Mckie (16), Carson (8), Nikita (16)
SF - Mckie (19), 3rd guard (21)

That would make for a bigger lineup, hopefully one that is a bit better on defense and on the boards compared to what we've been playing. We're going to get worked on the boards and underneath either way, but if there's some improvement it could be worth a win or two in ACC play.

I dont expect him to ever live up to his original billing. My hope is that he just takes away Nikitas minutes. That guy drives me nuts.

Same here. Also his size should hopefully open up some room for Carson to play more in the high post on offense. He's much more valuable playing as a 4.

Back